Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #141
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If kids wanted to watch Star Wars, Rebels and Resistance wouldn't have gotten canceled. IMO there is no fan base for kid-friendly Star Wars shows, it's the adults that make or break the franchise. It's one of the reasons The Clone Wars was successful because it was gritty and dark at times...

I'll give you that they don't need to make Star Wars shows R rated to be successful but they definitely need to keep them PG-13. Watching Jawas get vaporized = cool, watching people stand around and hug Ewoks =
Rebels did okay but neither that show nor Resistance were of the same quality as Clone Wars. Not to mention that they were already at a disadvantage by not having having familiar and established characters. So I wouldn't use the fate of those shows as an example of kid interest or lack thereof.

PG-13 is exactly where I think this franchise should remain. The OT was rated PG back in the day, but those are clearly PG-13 by today's standards.

Anyway, just my opinion.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #142
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Rebels did okay but neither that show nor Resistance were of the same quality as Clone Wars. Not to mention that they were already at a disadvantage by not having having familiar and established characters. So I wouldn't use the fate of those shows as an example of kid interest or lack thereof.

PG-13 is exactly where I think this franchise should remain. The OT was rated PG back in the day, but those are clearly PG-13 by today's standards.

Anyway, just my opinion.
A little movie trivia, PG-13 wasn't around when the original trilogy was theatrically released. PG-13 became a rating after Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom received some backlash due to it's violent nature and PG rating. Red Dawn would become the first theatrical PG-13 release in that same year.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #143
built2shred
Phoenix

Very few movies are PG anymore, pretty much the bulk of movies are PG-13.

The sad thing is most parents will let their kids watch anything including R rated horror movies. I remember seeing IT and looking around the theater and seeing kids as young as 7 or 8, WTF...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:19 PM   #144
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Episode 2: still only a 6/10.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #145
Mister H
Gen 13

Can we get a spoiler thread started for this show or will we have to wait until the first season is completed? I’m fine either way, just looking forward to discussing details.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:01 AM   #146
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Can we get a spoiler thread started for this show or will we have to wait until the first season is completed? I’m fine either way, just looking forward to discussing details.
Discuss away. Anyone wishing to stay spoiler free shouldn’t be in here in the first place.

Edit: never mind. I guess we need 2 threads for everything nowadays. I’m sure this one will die off now.

Last edited by Hellboy; 11-18-2019 at 03:03 AM.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:56 AM   #147
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Unfortunately Disney did not debut worldwide and so some countries have to wait months to see this. I guess the pirates will win out again on this and it will effect the uptake of Disney as a result.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:17 AM   #148
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
So it's not just me. It's not a big deal but it's very annoying. Hopefully they fix that issue.
I'm sure they will if enough people say something about it and it was annoying to fast forward to where I left off.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:18 AM   #149
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The scene was fine in my opinion, I don't want this to be a 6-year-old kid-friendly show like Rebels and Resistance (which both flopped).

Hell, I would have preferred if they showed the Quarren being cut in half in that door, would have given the show more punch and grittiness.
Yeah I agree, I don't want this or any of the future stuff coming out being a kids show.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #150
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Unfortunately Disney did not debut worldwide and so some countries have to wait months to see this. I guess the pirates will win out again on this and it will effect the uptake of Disney as a result.
I don’t know how but my daughter had it on her plex server the day it came out.