Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #31
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Thanos, you mean? I talked to him already. Thanks
Yah that guy..lol
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #32
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

No iconic pose here

k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #33
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
feeling sooo good lol,
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #34
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Finally a new PF! Question....what's with the photo of him with all the dead troopers? Is he supposed to have killed them (if so WTF?!?) or have come across them dead on a battlefield as I see his tie fighter behind him?
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #35
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

hhhmmm ROTJ. wonder why they went with that version rather than the ESP? could be due to them doing the life sized figure as the ESB themed Vader. so maybe thats why they went with ROTJ for this.

i dont mind the pose. or the fact that its the ROTJ. not the version i would have preferred to see. but its Vader. so yeah. lets just wait and see what it actually looks like before i cast final judgement. if its film accurate then ill get it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #36
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Finally a new PF! Question....what's with the photo of him with all the dead troopers? Is he supposed to have killed them (if so WTF?!?) or have come across them dead on a battlefield as I see his tie fighter behind him?
Since you asked.... Its a painting by Jerry VanderStelt called "Apology Accepted"

Story-wise, there was a small group of renegade Jedi that perhaps escaped Order 66 and ( like Yoda ) were able to collectively mask most of their Force presence from the Emporer and remain hidden.Somehow or other, Vader picked up on their Force scent and reported back to Palpatine. Vader was ordered to find them upon this backwater world where there were thought to be. Here we see the newest generation of Clone Stormtroopers, sent to take out this small group of Jedi. The Troopers failed to capture the Jedi, so Vader had to come down from his personal Star Destroyer ( in his newly untested prototype Tie fighter ) to punish them for their failure.

Upon his arrival, Vader was force-throwing Troopers here and saber-slinging Troopers there, in which some of the troopers return fire causing damage to the Tie in the background which is still smoking from the short-lived firefight.Although badly injured, Vader allows the trooper leader ( with the orange shoulder pad ) to live to tell others what failure costs, in which he “Accepts their apology” after all but one is no longer alive. Vader, standing in the rain, is torn between two personalities going on within: one seeks to find and destroy the Jedi that are eluding him ( knowing their training that makes them hard for him to find was due to Yoda and Obi Wan, making his hatred for them all the more intense ). The other is his sense of utter loss of not only his mentor, brother and best friend, but the passing of his beloved wife, due to his own fall. To be a man again! To tear off his wretched armor and feel the rain wash him of his dark deeds!
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #37
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Led light ups if they do light ups would be nice so they'd last pretty much forever.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #38
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Yea, after looking up the differences between ANH - ESB - RotJ, the RotJ Vader design is the weakest design of them all. Everyone in Igo's poll even wanted the ESB version, so I wonder why Sideshow ignored fan demand on this?
well calling it the weakest design is a bit harsh. after all. its design derives from the ANH version. as does the ESB version. they each have their own subtle look that i like which represent each film. plus one particular change to the ROTJ's helemt represents a change in Vader himself. its the larger lenses/eyes . it represents him opening his eyes or mind and seeing the truth. or seeing the light so to speak. reason why he came back to the good side of the force at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
What are the differences?
well there is far too many differences to explain. there are a lot of differences with all the helmets from the films. all subtle. and there is some subtle differences with the costumes and armor as well.
but to get a really good idea and info on the helmets check this site out. http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Origi...er-Helmets.htm. this will show you some differences. its a bit of a read. but it shows just about everything you'll need to know on what the differences are between all the helmets. might not list them all though. but enough for you to get an idea. and here. but look around you will find more info than just on this page im providing a link for... http://thepropden.aokforums.com/diff...se-vt3830.html
there is just so much and for the average person who doesn't know them wont notice them. but there are many differences between the 3 OT Vaders.

and the ANH Vader is by far the more menacing looking Vader of them all. so even though they are doing the ROTJ PF. im cool with it. and ill more than lielyl Po if i like what i see. as long as the LSF is a film accurate ANH version. its a day one PO for me. ill gladly lay down the 2k for that bad boy.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #39
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Led light ups if they do light ups would be nice so they'd last pretty much forever.
agreed. which im sure they will. the saber will be the newer neon technology though. which is fine. but seems how this is the ROTJ version i hope they have the chest box light up and blink in sequence as it did in the film. now that would be sick as hell.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #40
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thank you DARTH MADDEN....that was a badass story! Many thanks again for sharing it/educating me!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote