Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #41
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden View Post
Since you asked.... Its a painting by Jerry VanderStelt called "Apology Accepted"

Story-wise, there was a small group of renegade Jedi that perhaps escaped Order 66 and ( like Yoda ) were able to collectively mask most of their Force presence from the Emporer and remain hidden.Somehow or other, Vader picked up on their Force scent and reported back to Palpatine. Vader was ordered to find them upon this backwater world where there were thought to be. Here we see the newest generation of Clone Stormtroopers, sent to take out this small group of Jedi. The Troopers failed to capture the Jedi, so Vader had to come down from his personal Star Destroyer ( in his newly untested prototype Tie fighter ) to punish them for their failure.

Upon his arrival, Vader was force-throwing Troopers here and saber-slinging Troopers there, in which some of the troopers return fire causing damage to the Tie in the background which is still smoking from the short-lived firefight.Although badly injured, Vader allows the trooper leader ( with the orange shoulder pad ) to live to tell others what failure costs, in which he “Accepts their apology” after all but one is no longer alive. Vader, standing in the rain, is torn between two personalities going on within: one seeks to find and destroy the Jedi that are eluding him ( knowing their training that makes them hard for him to find was due to Yoda and Obi Wan, making his hatred for them all the more intense ). The other is his sense of utter loss of not only his mentor, brother and best friend, but the passing of his beloved wife, due to his own fall. To be a man again! To tear off his wretched armor and feel the rain wash him of his dark deeds!
this is the one film that im hoping Disney will be making as one of those single run off films they are talking about.
they have always talked about Vader hunting down and killing the remainder of the Jedi. its only been shown in the EU. but i want to see it in live action on the big screen. and where it connects to the original films.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

This will probably be my one and only Star Wars PF piece.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #43
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Maybe I'm not just not a Star Wars superfan, but I can hardly tell a difference between any of the different Vader masks. And it'll be even harder to notice on a 1/4 size cast statue.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #44
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Although this won't replace my Mythos Vader, I do love the concept art. Just grabbed the new Saruman PF so don't think I'll be able to get this one unless the price is decent. *fingers crossed*
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #45
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

The original Vader PF was $350 when it came out in 2005, I believe...so hold onto your butts.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #46
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yes, I was thinking the same. This will be interesting to see!
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #47
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Dammit. I just said to myself...Marvel and DC comic versions only...but, how can I say no to the Dark Side?
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #48
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Maybe I'm not just not a Star Wars superfan, but I can hardly tell a difference between any of the different Vader masks. And it'll be even harder to notice on a 1/4 size cast statue.
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and its not that I can't tell the difference its that I just don't care.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #49
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm Thinking the same thing. Every collection needs a good Vader.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #50
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Ahhh sweet Jesus this will be mine! Can't wait! And I asked for saber pose too and look what we get using the same neon saber technology that entire Star Wars line is now using! Same like shaak ti and Darth malgus! This will be epic!

Day 1 pre order here!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote