Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #41
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Am I making a mistake posting these here? I'm sorry. I just went by the title of the thread and not the category.

I'll hurry up and copy the URLs. I apologize.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #42
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why would you think this is the wrong thread, Oneye? Don’t change a thing. This is exactly the type of inspiration and variation of framing I like to see. I like to see everybody’s art/posters because it’s so cool! I am just amazed at the amount of things you have - you’re right that you might be hanging things on the ceiling soon

I too use the archival papers and museum glass. The glass is most damn expensive part, but it’s so worth it.

I never thought about it until I saw your trading cards framed up that maybe I could make a cool little collage of smaller art all in one frame. I know my next piece to be framed will be my Brooks She-Ra and she’s gonna be all pretty colors!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:04 PM   #43
Mister H
Gen 13

I like the Mad Max print. I’m always on the lookout for a good one or a Road Warrior print.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:22 AM   #44
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Why would you think this is the wrong thread, Oneye? Don’t change a thing. This is exactly the type of inspiration and variation of framing I like to see. I like to see everybody’s art/posters because it’s so cool! I am just amazed at the amount of things you have - you’re right that you might be hanging things on the ceiling soon

I too use the archival papers and museum glass. The glass is most damn expensive part, but it’s so worth it.

I never thought about it until I saw your trading cards framed up that maybe I could make a cool little collage of smaller art all in one frame. I know my next piece to be framed will be my Brooks She-Ra and she’s gonna be all pretty colors!!

I loved looking at all those framed works you've got.
Definitely an inspiration and fantastic examples of things other than just prints that can be well done in a framed display (like those trading card sets).
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:27 PM   #45
ONEYE

Quote:
Why would you think this is the wrong thread, Oneye

It's in the section "Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches." That''s why I thought it was the wrong place to post my stuff.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:38 PM   #46
ONEYE

Quote:

Cool. The large, double sided, swing out frame is an uncut sheet of cards. Later I got two sets of bonus/chase cards. I had to frame that separately. I wanted the ability to show the back of the cards as well.

I have many sets of comic cards, but there just isn't a good way to display a set of 100, 200, etc. card sets. Sure, they make display card frames that will hold 9 cards, but that's not the way to go.

The other issue with card sets, bonus/chase card sets, is that they are not divisible by 9. For example, the Ghost Rider chase set has 10 cards.

Old 05-09-2021, 10:41 PM   #47
ONEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I like the Mad Max print. I’m always on the lookout for a good one or a Road Warrior print.

There's two versions of that one. The other one is red.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:43 PM   #48
ONEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo225 View Post

I loved looking at all those framed works you've got.
Definitely an inspiration and fantastic examples of things other than just prints that can be well done in a framed display (like those trading card sets).

Thank you! It's expensive to have a mat cut out for individual cards. Wish there was a good, classy way to display cards. For now, they just sit in binders.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #49
ONEYE

Years ago I sent these in to be graded. I was happy with the grades.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #50
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well I went to the framers today. The Storm art is interesting because of Jenny’s process. She does a straight pencil piece, then she copies it and does a separate grayscale shading over it. Both are beautiful - so this framed art has both pieces side by side.

I’m super exited to see how it comes out! I did go with a black frame, but it’s a shiny one

What are the size of those? And was SB’s art for a trading card or something like that? I don’t re seeing that art be before. It’s beautiful, but I don’t recall seeing it.
You are correct in that it was original trading card art 11 x 14” for full painted piece . It was done by Simone Bianchi for 2018 Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces set. This particular card was used as a special foil insert .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote