Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #151
clutch
Sailor Moon

Well I ordered the kit. This will be my first and maybe last purchase from ARH. Not too thrilled about the new shipping policy. I'm planning on painting this straight-ahead female style. Maybe a little more tan. I cannot picture her being anything other than a brunette. As for the snake, white, gray, yellow - haven't really decided yet. I'm definitely not going to have the apple tilted like that.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #152
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Well I ordered the kit. This will be my first and maybe last purchase from ARH. Not too thrilled about the new shipping policy. I'm planning on painting this straight-ahead female style. Maybe a little more tan. I cannot picture her being anything other than a brunette. As for the snake, white, gray, yellow - haven't really decided yet. I'm definitely not going to have the apple tilted like that.
Looking forward to seeing it. I kind of like the idea of the snake color (although I also like the black and red)

RE shipping I don't think it willl be a lot different, just more accurate. Let me know how big the box is and how much you pay.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:53 AM   #153
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I think seeing the pics of your painted up will be a big deciding factor on whether I get mine painted or unpainted. That is if all goes well with the statues shipping out in February. If the shipping is a pain in the ass, then I might go through BBTS or I might spend my money on another company.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #154
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post

Are Eve's nipples trying to gaze in her eyes, or what is going on here?

if they were any higher up they'd be on her neck.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #155
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I've seen breasts that look like that. They don't bother me. The paint application just seems to have sucked the life out of this piece.
looks cakey
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:21 AM   #156
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Yay! I can't wait to see this masterpiece..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #157
clutch
Sailor Moon

It was so nice around here without the sh#t stirrer but it looks like he's back.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #158
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Eve's nipples would be higher since God created her fully grown, and they were not ravaged by the affects of gravity nor time. I assume right after she was kicked from the garden everything started to sag.
Or she sold her soul to the Devil for a bad boob job.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #159
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
It was so nice around here without the sh#t stirrer but it looks like he's back.
I'm not stirring you clutch..I can't wait to see your work..your beacon of hope for all us ARH collectors who are stuck with all the ----ty crappy paint work Arahom and the gang has giving us over the years..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #160
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If Arahom is supervising the paint then everything should be ok though. With many of those Frazetta pieces I thought he painted the prototypes. With such a low run on these new statues, I can't believe he would pull a slop job just to get them out fast. That would probably be the end for his company.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote