Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #541
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Shipping should be free.They should feel honored that we buy their statues.And that is for all companies..
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #542
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post

I take it this also means that any issues upon opening your box means ARHs answer will now be, "we are not involved in shipping"
lol...don't given them any more ideas.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:39 AM   #543
qz33
Doctor Doom

Ok so everyone in this thread:

Does anyone really want THESE statues THIS badly?
In addition to not knowing what to say I don't even know what to think anymore
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:57 AM   #544
dao2
Cyclops

not really but I don't feel like paying shipping to fedex collect is an issue? I don't really care about that tbh ;p Other issues sure, for this complete non-issue for me.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:36 AM   #545
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I'll just give one piece of feedback, and hopfylly it finds its way back to Arahom... ARH doesn't sell food, gas or toilet paper. You guys don't sell a single necessity. Everything coming out of your studio is a luxury item. People buying these statues should get a "luxury" experience... if you make the shipping a real hassle, no one is going to buy. Every camel has a back, and you guys are really being ruthless with the straw.
Arahom got your feedback and has now decided that you have to come to his house and cut the foam yourself.
Thanks Warlock.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:39 AM   #546
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Why would it be more of a "hassle" to paypal or credit card money to Fedex than it would be to paypal or credit card money to ARH?

I get the concerns that costs might be higher but really who cares who the recipient of the shipping money is if you are going to pay it at the time it ships either way? Going the direct billing route eliminates the need for ARH to keep track of that part of it and I can see that among several reasons they may want to go this way.

Let's say ARH doesn't do the direct bill to Fed Ex, they would still be going to a system whereby you are billed actual shipping at the time it goes out rather than an estimated amount at the time you buy the statue. So the "hassle" factor would be the same either way, or am I missing something?
My issue is that as it is now, I do nothing but see a shipping charge on my cc when the statue goes out. Done. Now I'm going to have to do something. I don't know what that is. Am I going to get an invoice now that I have to pay and enter my cc number to FedEx? Is it the end of the world if that's what I have to do? No. But it's inconvient. And right now ARH is lstruggling to keep me as a customer. Six months ago I was making monthly payments to them around $300. Now I'm making none.

They do a lot of good work and if this was coming at a different time, it might not be a big deal. However, after a boloxed repair in Arkhalla 4, diminished paint app quality, issues with PayPal and a total debacle on another statue, I find myself spending my statue dollars with other companies. To be truthful, I don't think ARH care much about any of that. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is how I feel.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:19 PM   #547
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Depends on the statue. I will order Hades right away.

A lot of the vampire chick stuff just isn't my kind of thing but I think they are well done. I likely would have ordered the Valkyrie if I didn't already have the Valkyrie in a boat.

I am still having trouble seeing how clicking on a link to pay fed ex for shipping is a hardship compared to clicking on a link to pay a statue company for shipping. But then I don't like people adding charges to my credit card without my knowledge (the automatic billing for shipping scenerio) while some consider it a convenience, so different strokes I guess.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #548
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Apparently. I'm only here to read the ARH experience, i had an interest in buying a statue but thanks to these fine fellows here that was quickly averted. Though seeing all the hoops these guys jump through and the run around ARH gives em their stuff must be top notch. As the old saying goes, can't knock it til you try it(ARH).
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #549
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Apparently. I'm only here to read the ARH experience, i had an interest in buying a statue but thanks to these fine fellows here that was quickly averted. Though seeing all the hoops these guys jump through and the run around ARH gives em their stuff must be top notch. As the old saying goes, can't knock it til you try it(ARH).
Arahom is definitely an interesting cat and that works both ways.
The negatives of doing whatever he wants for many of us are balanced with the positives of him doing whatever he wants .... no other company would go anywhere near as crazy as Conan: The Sacrifice, a 1/3 nude vampire chick or Tarzan: Primal Rage.

It's unfortunate the 'all in' he took on Frazetta didn't work out and has caused multiple years worth of problems through all aspects of the business.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #550
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Arahom is definitely an interesting cat and that works both ways.
The negatives of doing whatever he wants for many of us are balanced with the positives of him doing whatever he wants .... no other company would go anywhere near as crazy as Conan: The Sacrifice, a 1/3 nude vampire chick or Tarzan: Primal Rage.

It's unfortunate the 'all in' he took on Frazetta didn't work out and has caused multiple years worth of problems through all aspects of the business.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote