Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

View Poll Results: Favorite Wrestling Promotion of All-Time?
ECW 3 20.00%
NJPW 0 0%
WCW 0 0%
WWF 10 66.67%
WWE 0 0%
UWF 0 0%
NWA 2 13.33%
TNA 0 0%
Other... 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Favorite Wrestling Promotion of All-Time?

Say you can only watch one wrestling promotion from now on, which would you choose? Think about each of these at the height of their popularity, when they had their best fighters/athletes. Which is it going to be?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

The 80s and Hulk Hogan are what got me hooked on Wrestling so I have to go with the WWF.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Primal
Batman

HAD to vote for the WWF because of the immense impact it had back in the day...but ECW in its prime before they got bought & water downed (ruined) by the WWE was AMAZING.
Man every time Joey Styles screamed "Oh my god!" you knew you were watching something good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcSQUkknpLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d93w3AWLbvc
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
fallon6190
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

For me it's the original ECW. I have tapes of the TV show from January 95 until right after Wrestlepalooza 97. I just bought a DVD recorder and I am currently in the process of moving them all to DVD. I had stopped watching wrestling all together in 93. A friend had a ECW tape he showed me in 96 and I was hooked. The stars were more realistic and gritty than WCW or WWF to me. You had Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Shane Douglas, Taz, The Gangstas, Public Enemy, Terry Funk, Cactus Jack, The Eliminators, Sabu, RVD, The Sandman, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Stevie Richards. Don't forget the established stars that came through ECW Dusty Rhodes, The Steiner Brothers, Bam Bam Bigelow, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Terry Gordy, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Bobby Eaton, Arn Anderson, Jerry Lawler, Jim Cornette, Chris Candito, and Sunny.
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I am going to have to go with ECW. Their live shows were super fun. I definitely attended more ECW matches than WWE.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
randy_marsh
I am da law!

WWF and WCW

Wcw from 96-98

WWF 98-02 or so

Wcw had some great moments in the hayday, sting in the rafters,huge names showing up with no internet spoiling like today, nwo, ddp macho man feud, nitro girls, tag team division, cruiserweights.

And of course WWF when the rock and stone cold were carrying the company, hardcore titles changes every 5 minutes lol [molly holly winning it then a ref like 10 seconds after], Trish stratus on tables in lingerie, Russo's ridiculous crap like mae young giving birth to a baseball glove, D-X
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_marsh View Post
WWF and WCW

Wcw from 96-98

WWF 98-02 or so

Wcw had some great moments in the hayday, sting in the rafters,huge names showing up with no internet spoiling like today, nwo, ddp macho man feud, nitro girls, tag team division, cruiserweights.

And of course WWF when the rock and stone cold were carrying the company, hardcore titles changes every 5 minutes lol [molly holly winning it then a ref like 10 seconds after], Trish stratus on tables in lingerie, Russo's ridiculous crap like mae young giving birth to a baseball glove, D-X
Couldn't have said it better!
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
rychehitman
Galactus

WCCW was a very well run promotion with th e limited amount of talent they actually had. Same could be said for Mid-South.

As much as I loved WWF's Saturday Night Main Events....I think I have to go with Jim Crocket's NWA.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
WCCW was a very well run promotion with th e limited amount of talent they actually had. Same could be said for Mid-South.

As much as I loved WWF's Saturday Night Main Events....I think I have to go with Jim Crocket's NWA.
Me too dude. For me it was tough because I grew up seeing some of the best feuds ever in the WWF. Muraco Vs Snuka sticks out. They really looked as if they wanted to kill each other. But the NWA I always seemed to enjoy a little more. It’s very close though. I probably give NWA the edge because of Flair. I’ll tell you where wrestling started going bad though. When they regularly started giving away PPV caliber matches on free TV. Once they got rid of the jobbers and all the squash matches it was all downhill. The PPV’s got weaker and weaker. It’s sad that Wrestlemania isn’t even a special event anymore. It’s just a 4 hour RAW episode. No good feuds because they don’t bother to build them up anymore. ECW still knew how to build a feud. Tazz and Sabu was awesome. What a build up. Talking about this makes me happy but more sad than anything. Wrestling blows now.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_marsh View Post
WWF and WCW

Wcw from 96-98

WWF 98-02 or so

Well said, But I also need to add WWF from 80's
Hogan and Piper days...Nuff Said!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote