Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

View Poll Results: IS the re-release of Batman VS Killer Croc by DC Collectibles a good or bad idea?
It's good! Everyone can get this stunning piece now! 74 66.67%
It's bad! This is a simple cash grab by the corporates! 28 25.23%
WHAT!?! My original piece will to be worth nothing now! > 9 8.11%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #291
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
In my view, the three Hulks are the same with slightly different hair styles and different color schemes. They have the same base, the same pose and the same dimensions. They are variants of the same mold therefore they are not unique or different from each other. We could choose to excuse this by saying that they represent three different characters but then we will be trying to cover up the truth.

Bowen has always produced variants and we have no problems with it. Not just that, mini-bust have grown legs instantly, infuriating some collectors but the rest are happier as they can be.

Koto does this all the time with its PVC lines. Even Deadpool had the royal treatment with major changes to the base and the sculpt (I am biased with the fine art statue line because I love Sosa's work regardless) with great praise reviews from everyone else.

DC is resurrecting a clear winner from the past and bringing it into collectors hands one more time, with a variant color and now we are all crying foul play. I bet that if it was any other piece, we couldn't care less. We already give crap day in and day out to this company as it is, because we believe it to be greedy and uncaring. I beg to differ.
You like to muddy the facts....

Your comparing a Limited Edition DC statue to Koto statues which are not limited edition... Your also trying to compare busts to full status?!? your argument is pretty weak.

Please show one company that re-released a Limited Edition statue 3 years after the fact and didn't change one thing about the mold.

IMO, DC Collectibles deserves all the grief that comes their way. They did it to themselves, sure they made half their collectors happy but pissed off the other half.... not a smart business move.

I had 8 statues from them on pre-order and after they did this I cancelled all of them.. I'll just wait for their statues to hit the bargin bin and then maybe I'll pick them up for 30%-40% less...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #292
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You like to muddy the facts....

Your comparing a Limited Edition DC statue to Koto statues which are not limited edition... Your also trying to compare busts to full status?!? your argument is pretty weak.

Please show one company that re-released a Limited Edition statue 3 years after the fact and didn't change one thing about the mold.

IMO, DC Collectibles deserves all the grief that comes their way. They did it to themselves, sure they made half their collectors happy but pissed off the other half.... not a smart business move.

I had 8 statues from them on pre-order and after they did this I cancelled all of them.. I'll just wait for their statues to hit the bargin bin and then maybe I'll pick them up for 30%-40% less...
Do as you please. Holding out to collect beautiful statues based only on the fact that there is a 3 year window between both releases, it is a pretty week excuse too. I'm sure a great number of collectors wouldn't mind. Look at the results in this poll.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #293
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Do as you please. Holding out to collect beautiful statues based only on the fact that there is a 3 year window between both releases, it is a pretty week excuse too. I'm sure a great number of collectors wouldn't mind. Look at the results in this poll.
The poll is a completely skewed gauge of how people feel about the actual practice of re-releasing limited edition pieces as most voting they "don't have a problem with it" missed out on the original piece and are now rejoicing in the fact that they can now obtain it, at retail no less. The ratio on these boards of people who have this piece vs people who don't leans heavily towards those that missed out first time around. Plus the poll favors a positive opinion as the negative reaction is broken into two categories instead of 1 for positive.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #294
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

The poll is valid since it samples almost exclusively the population who buy these statues. Whether or not the poll over samples the population who missed out on the statue is irrelevant.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #295
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The poll is a completely skewed gauge of how people feel about the actual practice of re-releasing limited edition pieces as most voting they "don't have a problem with it" missed out on the original piece and are now rejoicing in the fact that they can now obtain it, at retail no less. The ratio on these boards of people who have this piece vs people who don't leans heavily towards those that missed out first time around. Plus the poll favors a positive opinion as the negative reaction is broken into two categories instead of 1 for positive.
Here we go again. The mod pollster speaks!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #296
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
The poll is valid since it samples almost exclusively the population who buy these statues. Whether or not the poll over samples the population who missed out on the statue is irrelevant.
The Poll in the Sideshow forums shows a different result with the majority saying they don't approve of re-releasing.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #297
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
I feel the same way. Since when the horse in last place is the winner of the race?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #298
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The Poll in the Sideshow forums shows a different result with the majority saying they don't approve of re-releasing.
Correction. It is close by less than 10.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #299
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Correction. It is close by less than 10.
Pretty sure anyone who chooses the last two options are in the same boat...

so it's 76 to 55 against...
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #300
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Here we go again. The mod pollster speaks!
just seems a little more thought should be put into these options if the intent is to get an accurate feel for where everyone stands.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote