Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #61
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Somehow I missed the car finish part. Yes if they can manage that then both versions are easily warranted.
Hope they do this balls to the wall and obviously while I want these to cost as little as possible they mention that if ECC was doing these they would be pushing 2K. If that is what needs be then do it because I'm going to expect ECC level of quality.

I've been checking pics but I can't quite make out what he mentions being different about the pecs at the arms on their bust versus the actual suit...
Ya Paul said in the stream multiple times that "they're bringing their A game or there's no point in even trying". Apparently they're gonna have their own guy at the factory in China going over each piece with a fine tooth comb, to make sure it comes out with the same finish as the 1:2 bust. This would literally be my first ever Chronicle order, so I hope this is not just lip service to tie up my money for a year.

As for the pecs, I couldn't see it either at first, but I think I see what he's talking about after watching the stream again. If you follow the bottom curve of the pec to the top of his shoulder, you will notice where it suddenly stops to go vertical 90 degrees. I think thats where they shaved off some width.

Regardless, it's still impressive and something I still want in my collection. All they need to make now is a 1:2 Robocop statue so I can pair it with my P1 1:2 T-800 that's incoming.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #62
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
I am definitely in on the clean version as I only have room and funds for one.
I am so torn, the damaged sounds cool, lots to look at with the weathering, eye, light up features, but also, if I can only have one, I think it should be clean.

What are opinions of you all?
BD or Clean (if you had to choose only one)
I'd go with clean. However, the battle damage will be more limited, likely more expensive and have more features according to Paul, like a glass eye and light up base.

I think this is one of those rare times when you will have to find a way to buy both. I think Paul mentioned in the live stream they might do a discounted price on both if you buy the pair direct through Chronicle. So there's some incentive there.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #63
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I'd go with clean. However, the battle damage will be more limited, likely more expensive and have more features according to Paul, like a glass eye and light up base.

I think this is one of those rare times when you will have to find a way to buy both. I think Paul mentioned in the live stream they might do a discounted price on both if you buy the pair direct through Chronicle. So there's some incentive there.

Chris
This is what I was afraid of. My wife is going to kill me....lol
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #64
ottorino
The X-Men

I will be very surprised if they don't have trouble with the paint finish on this coming from a Chinese factory will be very hard to do.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #65
Vader
Ghost

they should add arms to it.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #66
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
I will be very surprised if they don't have trouble with the paint finish on this coming from a Chinese factory will be very hard to do.
The 1/2 was beautiful, fingers crossed.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:02 AM   #67
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
The 1/2 was beautiful, fingers crossed.
Yep agreed but 1/1 is a different story.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:39 AM   #68
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
Yep agreed but 1/1 is a different story.
Paul said the smallest speck of dust on the chest or some and it goes back. He will be less picky on non focal/critical parts.
This is a really good approach for a mass produced hand painted item.
I sure hope it is around 1200. Looks like I will be getting both now, the wife is insisting. And I thought she would be a hard sell!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:36 AM   #69
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Paul said the smallest speck of dust on the chest or some and it goes back. He will be less picky on non focal/critical parts.
This is a really good approach for a mass produced hand painted item.
I sure hope it is around 1200. Looks like I will be getting both now, the wife is insisting. And I thought she would be a hard sell!
Congrats, the battle damage sounds very cool.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:46 AM   #70
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
I am definitely in on the clean version as I only have room and funds for one.
I am so torn, the damaged sounds cool, lots to look at with the weathering, eye, light up features, but also, if I can only have one, I think it should be clean.

What are opinions of you all?
BD or Clean (if you had to choose only one)
Clean
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote