Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #51
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dunno...

looks better than i thought it would be but still doesnt look like a dc movie and i dont get how it fits into the dc universe. looks like a cool creepy clown movie, not sure how it will be as a movie about the villain known as the joker
I don't think it's in the same continuity as MoS/BvS/SS/WW/JL/Aquaman/Shazam.

It looks like a rather realistic, maybe 1970s/1980s, setting?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #52
SONICobra
Batman

i think you are correct but i find that bizarre, then why bother calling it joker if it has nothing to do with the dc universe? (in general, not just movies) if it was an alternate universe with a different batman like an else worlds story i would get it, but this
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:30 PM   #53
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. I think it’s ridiculous myself to give Joker an origin story/movie and not make it part of the current continuity. You don’t even need to build off it, but to say it exists in a different universe altogether feels like a cop out and a wasted opportunity.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:36 PM   #54
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
i dunno...

looks better than i thought it would be but still doesnt look like a dc movie and i dont get how it fits into the dc universe. looks like a cool creepy clown movie, not sure how it will be as a movie about the villain known as the joker
I think DC has abandoned he idea of a shared universe. That may be for the best. We'll see though.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #55
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I think DC has abandoned he idea of a shared universe. That may be for the best. We'll see though.
i agree i think dc movies are better handled as stand alone films and characters but at least they have other characters from the comics (aquaman / black manta & ocean master, wonder woman / cheetah & ares, batman / penguin) and sometimes even story lines and/or concepts inspired from the comics

what actually makes this a "DC movie" and not just a movie about some deranged guy in clown makeup?
Old 04-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #56
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
what actually makes this a "DC movie" and not just a movie about some deranged guy in clown makeup?
Just from the trailer... Gotham & Arkham Asylum. I’m sure there’s going to be more.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #57
SONICobra
Batman

well i hope so because this could take place in chicago and i wouldnt know the difference (from the trailer). what would make this worth while to me is if it ends up having some kind of connection to the matt reeves trilogy
Old 04-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #58
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Good point. I personally would like to see a series of Batman movies that are from the Elsworlds line. Gotham by Gaslight would be fantastic.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #59
ukshaun
Hercules

Just watched the trailer. Looking good!
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:18 PM   #60
built2shred
Phoenix

All we've seen is a trailer that lasted a couple minutes... I'm sure there will be lots of "Easter eggs" tying the movie to the DC Universe. If that kid he's forcing to smile is Bruce Wayne then you have your answer to why there is no Batman... He's only like 12 years old in the movie...

I get some people want characters to be pulled straight out of comic books / animated movies as is but I'm glad Nolan didn't do that and I'm guessing I'll feel the same about this movie..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote