Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-09-2020, 04:28 AM   #151
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I really like what I see and hear about this piece but MAN sweating that price!!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:01 AM   #152
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Have you used this site before?

I'm confused about this site and its Premium program. I need to do some research to make sure I understand before signing up and ordering from them.
Yeah, I've been a subscriber with them for three years (and, if I'm being totally honest, I took advantage of a few free trial memberships with them before that). I'm very skeptical of membership services, too, but as someone who buys a lot of anime figures, it's the best thing I've found in the hobby. I've never seen them get a Prime 1 statue, though, so this is really exciting to me.

The main draw is their point program. Whenever a new figure releases or comes up for preorder, if you're a subscriber and order within the first 2 weeks, you get 15% of its value back in points. Then, multiple times a year, they have major sales or promotions where figure purchases get 25-35% back in points. The points have a 1:1 cash value, and you can pay for any order up to 50% in points. They're also Japan based, but have a US warehouse and offer free shipping on any order over $150.

It's not well known in the statue community, but for anime figure collectors who buy a lot in general, you can save a ton of money if you time your purchases well. I basically always wait until I want $150+ worth of stuff that went up within a 2 week window, use whatever points I've accumulated to bring the total down to $150 on the dot, and get everything with free shipping (and no tax).

Them carrying the Nier statue is a game changer for me, though. I was so close to spending $3500 on the Square Store. Instead, I used $400 in points I was hoarding to buy it for $2828 AND got another $424 back in points (so...basically I still have all the points I originally had) because of the 15% back promotion on new items.

And their shipping is really good. I've never gotten a poorly packed figure. With a Prime 1 statue though, I assume they'll just forward it in the original packaging.

Also, that 5% promo link is a pretty good bonus when it's taking 5% extra off a $3200 statue. If I hadn't had so many points hoarded already, I honestly would have considered making a fresh account just for that (although I heard it takes a few hours for the actual 5% coupon to come through).

Hope that helps.
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #153
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
You REALLY should finish playing Route B as 9S and get to Route C! You've experienced only half the story and are missing out on a LOT.
I know and I always planned on getting back to it and then just never got around to it. I will definitely get back into to it at some point and it will all seem new to me again.

I have to admit that this game wasn't easy for me. There were many struggles along the way. I still recall being at a point where I completed the objective but left myself depleted and had no way of going back to restore myself. I think I had to start over from an earlier point in order to get past it. It was that kind of thing that made me think I played enough but just talking about it is giving me the itch to get back in.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:34 AM   #154
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
I've been a TOM premium member for years now so I can help answer any questions you might have!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
Yeah, I've been a subscriber with them for three years (and, if I'm being totally honest, I took advantage of a few free trial memberships with them before that). I'm very skeptical of membership services, too, but as someone who buys a lot of anime figures, it's the best thing I've found in the hobby. I've never seen them get a Prime 1 statue, though, so this is really exciting to me.

The main draw is their point program. Whenever a new figure releases or comes up for preorder, if you're a subscriber and order within the first 2 weeks, you get 15% of its value back in points. Then, multiple times a year, they have major sales or promotions where figure purchases get 25-35% back in points. The points have a 1:1 cash value, and you can pay for any order up to 50% in points. They're also Japan based, but have a US warehouse and offer free shipping on any order over $150.

It's not well known in the statue community, but for anime figure collectors who buy a lot in general, you can save a ton of money if you time your purchases well. I basically always wait until I want $150+ worth of stuff that went up within a 2 week window, use whatever points I've accumulated to bring the total down to $150 on the dot, and get everything with free shipping (and no tax).

Them carrying the Nier statue is a game changer for me, though. I was so close to spending $3500 on the Square Store. Instead, I used $400 in points I was hoarding to buy it for $2828 AND got another $424 back in points (so...basically I still have all the points I originally had) because of the 15% back promotion on new items.

And their shipping is really good. I've never gotten a poorly packed figure. With a Prime 1 statue though, I assume they'll just forward it in the original packaging.

Also, that 5% promo link is a pretty good bonus when it's taking 5% extra off a $3200 statue. If I hadn't had so many points hoarded already, I honestly would have considered making a fresh account just for that (although I heard it takes a few hours for the actual 5% coupon to come through).

Hope that helps.
Thank you for your responses and help.

Looking through the website there are three pieces I want, so if it's all right I'll run a hypothetical by you.

I order via "Tom"
Prime 1 - Nier 2B - $910.05
Kotobukiya - Stargirl - $98.74
Kotobukiya - Mera - $103.49

I get free shipping (do they ship separately or bundle together?) and no sales tax.

I get store credit for future purchases (at time I order or after order ships?)
$97.92 for 2B
$00.85 for Mera
$09.02 for Stargirl

$107.79 total

After 30 days from todays order I pay $14.99 (for 90 days) and get $16.50 store credit each time.

--------------

Based on this I see two scenarios.

Good scenario - This all works, I save about $200 ($100 in product + $100 in shipping and tax) compared to BBTS and I basically can get my Bishoujo pieces cheaper than normal for next few years until I want to cancel membership.

Great scenario - They carry other Prime 1 pieces I want and save me a lot compared to ordering elsewhere.

I trust you both this is a reputable site given have a history of working with them.

Really, my only concern is finding items to redeem these store credit or Tom Premium points on in the future. Have a rolling $66 to use each year on top of $107.79 I'll get for purchases.

Now, will that link mean additional savings? If I'm going to sign up and all I want to maximize my discounts on this major purchase.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #155
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Thank you for your responses and help.

Looking through the website there are three pieces I want, so if it's all right I'll run a hypothetical by you.

I order via "Tom"
Prime 1 - Nier 2B - $910.05
Kotobukiya - Stargirl - $98.74
Kotobukiya - Mera - $103.49

I get free shipping (do they ship separately or bundle together?) and no sales tax.

I get store credit for future purchases (at time I order or after order ships?)
$97.92 for 2B
$00.85 for Mera
$09.02 for Stargirl

$107.79 total

After 30 days from todays order I pay $14.99 (for 90 days) and get $16.50 store credit each time.

--------------

Based on this I see two scenarios.

Good scenario - This all works, I save about $200 ($100 in product + $100 in shipping and tax) compared to BBTS and I basically can get my Bishoujo pieces cheaper than normal for next few years until I want to cancel membership.

Great scenario - They carry other Prime 1 pieces I want and save me a lot compared to ordering elsewhere.

I trust you both this is a reputable site given have a history of working with them.

Really, my only concern is finding items to redeem these store credit or Tom Premium points on in the future. Have a rolling $66 to use each year on top of $107.79 I'll get for purchases.

Now, will that link mean additional savings? If I'm going to sign up and all I want to maximize my discounts on this major purchase.
Points are applied and available immediately after you pay. The only caveat is that preorders are final and can't be canceled, so I only ever preorder things there that I'm positive I want. I've never tried to get them to cancel an order on anything, so maybe if someone pushed enough they could. And I guess with Paypal payments or a credit card, you'd technically have an out.

Items ship on an individual basis. In-stock items ship quickly, while pre-order items ship when they arrive. Sometimes if two pre-order figures release at the the same time they'll bundle them for shipment, but most of my TOM figures arrive solo. You can put as many things as you want into a single order, regardless of whether they're in-stock or pre-orders from different months. As long as the total hits $150 you'll get free shipping on everything.

If you don't have a subscription, points expire after 4 months of inactivity. That clock resets if you purchase anything. For subscribers, though, points never expire, and you get slightly more than subscription costs back in points so, for me, it's always worth it to have the subscription active.

And yes, if you use that link, they should email you a separate 5% off coupon for you to use on your first order. That coupon should apply on top of all the other discounts. Another friend I sent the link to told me it took a little while for the 5% coupon to arrive, so he emailed their customer service and they made sure he got one pretty quickly. In my experience, their CS is very responsive, so if you don't get the 5% coupon in your inbox, just email them.

I've never seen them carry Prime 1 before, but they always get Square Enix products, so I'm kinda hoping that if SE continues with their ridiculous model for the Prime 1 collabs, this continues being an option. If it is, I'm gonna start hoarding my points extra hard.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #156
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Still hoping for a domestic option for Canada, but nothing yet.

Edit: I guess I didn't search hard enough. I found two.

If anyone else is looking, good old Toy Square (toys2.net) has them but they appear to be charging up front right now. That might be an oversight, they don't usually. About US$45 shipping.

Hobby-Bee.com which I've never heard of but is an official Goodsmile partner listed on their site (which speaks to their legitimacy) has them at 20% deposit, or 20% off if you pay upfront. Shipping's about $80 CAD.

5% tax from either so should be cheaper than importing.
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #157
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
Points are applied and available immediately after you pay. The only caveat is that preorders are final and can't be canceled, so I only ever preorder things there that I'm positive I want. I've never tried to get them to cancel an order on anything, so maybe if someone pushed enough they could. And I guess with Paypal payments or a credit card, you'd technically have an out.

Items ship on an individual basis. In-stock items ship quickly, while pre-order items ship when they arrive. Sometimes if two pre-order figures release at the the same time they'll bundle them for shipment, but most of my TOM figures arrive solo. You can put as many things as you want into a single order, regardless of whether they're in-stock or pre-orders from different months. As long as the total hits $150 you'll get free shipping on everything.

If you don't have a subscription, points expire after 4 months of inactivity. That clock resets if you purchase anything. For subscribers, though, points never expire, and you get slightly more than subscription costs back in points so, for me, it's always worth it to have the subscription active.

And yes, if you use that link, they should email you a separate 5% off coupon for you to use on your first order. That coupon should apply on top of all the other discounts. Another friend I sent the link to told me it took a little while for the 5% coupon to arrive, so he emailed their customer service and they made sure he got one pretty quickly. In my experience, their CS is very responsive, so if you don't get the 5% coupon in your inbox, just email them.

I've never seen them carry Prime 1 before, but they always get Square Enix products, so I'm kinda hoping that if SE continues with their ridiculous model for the Prime 1 collabs, this continues being an option. If it is, I'm gonna start hoarding my points extra hard.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you. I've followed the link and signed up. So, now to wait and see about possible additional 5% off. That would be another $70 in savings so well worth it for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: Can you think of why it is charging me $25 for S&H?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #158
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Thank you. I've followed the link and signed up. So, now to wait and see about possible additional 5% off. That would be another $70 in savings so well worth it for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: Can you think of why it is charging me $25 for S&H?
Hmm, good question. I know that certain items aren’t eligible for free shipping if they’re not coming from the US warehouse, but I’ve only ever encountered that with some Aniplex preorders (and other Aniplex preorders do get free shipping). In those cases, it’s been some kind of reduced shipping option where it gave half back in points. Sometimes it also defaults to the non-free shipping option, but you can change it to the free one in your cart. I’ll try to replicate your order in my cart and see if I can figure it out.

Edit: I replicated the cart, and the $25 shipping looks to be specifically for Stargirl. I think I'm wrong about free shipping only applying to items shipping from the US warehouse, because upon checking my orders and replicating yours, most of my purchases (and the Mera you want) ship from the Japan warehouse and still get the free shipping. That said, I found this: "Items over $150 may qualify for Free Standard Shipping or discount express shipping. Due to size and region limitations, only express shipping options are available for some products. Input your shipping details at checkout to see which discounted or free shipping options are available for your order."

My best guess is that, at the $150+ purchase total, US warehouse items always ship free, and Japan warehouse items ship free if they're below a certain box size. Otherwise there's a "reduced shipping" option that gives you half back in points (so you pay $25, and get $12.50 back in points).

For whatever reason, Mera's box must be below the box size limit for free shipping from the Japan warehouse, while Stargirl's is above the limit. Now that I think about it, the few items I've ever been charged shipping for coming in from Japan are all ones with pretty big boxes. Good thing the Nier ones are US-based.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:46 AM   #159
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Spec Fiction has now listed the deluxe version, but hasn't listed the other two.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/prod...9177a70b&_ss=r
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:54 AM   #160
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Spec Fiction has now listed the deluxe version, but hasn't listed the other two.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/prod...9177a70b&_ss=r
Sweet, I just ordered from Todd. There are no taxes.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote