Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-10-2021, 03:25 AM   #231
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think western and eastern philosophies on character design has distinct cultural differences. Japan loves design first mentality to make wild or beautiful outfits and characters.

I think 2B is among the best of eastern design, and I would point to Aloy from Horizon is peak western design. Also, I wouldn't argue with Shepard (woman like cover of ME3) being done by P1.

Both have merit, but understand tastes.
many of the western putting less and less effort on the character design (both male and female) for a while now. many of the games are RPG with a generic character creator. But once in a while they end up having a good looking character like in Street of rage 4. i like the art work in there specially Blaze and few other female. if you into more anime style, than Shantae series has also good looking characters. some people say that western designer are afraid of the media that they will be criticize by making overly sexualize female character. which is true, i see many of the "journalist" now days tend to go after female character design rather than focusing on the game or story or something worth of journalism.

i think at one point they even went after 2B about her highheels where yoko taro said i just really like girls

ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:01 PM   #232
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Your definition of good character design meaning scantily clad is a bit concerning.
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #233
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworow2 View Post
Your definition of good character design meaning scantily clad is a bit concerning.
Nothing wrong with that. Video game characters are plain in general unlike actors from movies, so at least make them unique through their looks. And it's not like 2B became popular just because you can see her panties, but there is something about her that makes her stand out from your typical hot japanese waifu.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #234
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Looks like BBTS is sold out of the solo 2B. Square Enix is sold out of the solo version and the deluxe.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #235
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Video game characters are plain in general unlike actors from movies, so at least make them unique through their looks. And it's not like 2B became popular just because you can see her panties, but there is something about her that makes her stand out from your typical hot japanese waifu.
You made me look up "waifu"........O.M.G, really?!?

After reading that stuff - everything wrong about Japan makes sense.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #236
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
You made me look up "waifu"........O.M.G, really?!?

After reading that stuff - everything wrong about Japan makes sense.
there is waifu and least common used word hubandu or something. then there are these virtual idols as oppose to real girls. Also don't forget that the real girls replaced with Sex dolls.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #237
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
many of the western putting less and less effort on the character design (both male and female) for a while now. many of the games are RPG with a generic character creator. But once in a while they end up having a good looking character like in Street of rage 4. i like the art work in there specially Blaze and few other female. if you into more anime style, than Shantae series has also good looking characters. some people say that western designer are afraid of the media that they will be criticize by making overly sexualize female character. which is true, i see many of the "journalist" now days tend to go after female character design rather than focusing on the game or story or something worth of journalism.

i think at one point they even went after 2B about her highheels where yoko taro said i just really like girls

If people don't like something, don't buy it. I really will never get wanting to endorse their tastes on others. I love 2Bs design and am stoked to add her to my collection next year.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:43 PM   #238
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Looks like BBTS is sold out of the solo 2B. Square Enix is sold out of the solo version and the deluxe.
The price seems to be where the market was at. Wouldn't surprise me that people make profits in secondary market after these release.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM   #239
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The price seems to be where the market was at. Wouldn't surprise me that people make profits in secondary market after these release.
I'm glad I got my order in.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #240
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm glad I got my order in.
Me too. Site I got mine at is sold out of solo and dip statues.

I'd be kicking myself had I missed out on her. Price was a premium, but don't see one ever being cheaper with way market is going.