Straken-SWE
Hydra

Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:24 AM   #22
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
Ah I see now. He's just a new troll. His replies regarding Bel are the equivalent of vaguebooking. Either that or I don't know anything about TRUE art.
Changed/altered the comment. I hope Hannibal10 has already read it. I do not want controversy.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:40 AM   #23
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I can see that this thread has the potential to get a little SPICY! My guy just joined, so must be a old collector running under the new tag of "Forps".

Who were you previously?

And no mention of Pablo V.

This list is blasphemous to say the least...lol!
Ahhh, Pablo Viggiano. Pablo was an excellent sculptor but disappointed many people when taking over the art direction of another company. He also somewhat lost his touch, his latest sculpts were a bit lacking.

But i would put him in a second tier (by his own) under the 1st tier where ONLY the 3 GOATs belong (Harbottle, Canale, Bergholtz).

On the 3rd tier we can place Newman (when he worked for Sideshow), Lord, Panfilova.

Although Maria is quickly ascending.

She got me by surprise. She will quickly ascend to the 2nd tier (along with the Pablo Viggiano from his old Sideshow's days) and she can make a try to get into the Holy Trinity, although it is very difficult.

Will, Martin, Andy are the GOATs of this hobby. If Sideshow ever unites Andy with the other 2 and assigns them with the task to create a new 1/3 Marvel Avengers line and a new 1/3 DC Justice League line, then its over.

Save every single penny in order to get the best sculpts in our beloved hobby by the MASTERS themselves.

The 3 GOATs are going to GOAT.

You are a man of knowledge, IronLungs31. You knew Pablo Viggiano
. Im impressed!
Old 07-15-2023, 11:41 AM   #24
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If only 2% of the people are able to recognize it as being good art why would they want to make that. if your audience is only 2% you’re going to go belly up?
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:46 AM   #25
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
If only 2% of the people are able to recognize it as being good art why would they want to make that. if your audience is only 2% you?re going to go belly up?
Cause Sideshow was and always will be an artsy company. Do not get me started about how other companies got started, their roots and why Sideshow never cooperated with them.

Sideshow made the right decision. Ryan Peterson has a unique style, his sculpts are "different", they are not for the average collector wanting "fast-food", all look-a-like sculpts. His sculpts create controversy, cause they are artsy.

Sideshow made the right decision. It always has been an arthouse, amongst others.

If you want a non-controversial sculpt of Hulk, then Ryan Peterson is not for you. If you want an ARTSY piece, he is.

Or his Venom. What a MASTERPIECE.

Art is art. The hobby is full of casuals whose only interest in art is comics or MCU movies. Sideshow tries to "educate" you by trying to educate you to accept the different.

The same with their COTD line. A magnificent line, an artsy line. It stopped due to inflation and crisis in the hobby, but im grateful Sideshow gave us such magnificent sculpts!
Old 07-15-2023, 12:28 PM   #26
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
No mention of DAINEL BEL (not even as a honorable mention) anywhere is this long write up. Interesting choice to leave him out to say the least.
That's not surprising given who the author of the post is. lol

Daniel Bel is probably Sideshow's best sculptor(subjective opinion of course). The issue is that he's been "sullied" by sculpting for other companies, in particular, XM.

I think his Electro is one of the best Spidey related pieces ever made.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:32 PM   #27
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I think he was just Forps back in the day. If so, he's the guy that insisted the Thanos MAQ was the greatest sculpt ever released and would be worth $6000 in the aftermarket a year or 2 after it's release. Obviously, there's a lot of hyperbole in his posts.
That's right. I believe he bet me on that!

I'm ready to get paid! lol
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:37 PM   #28
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post

Daniel Bel is probably Sideshow's best sculptor(subjective opinion of course). The issue is that he's been "sullied" by sculpting for other companies, in particular, XM.

Starting to make sense here. Sounds like someone with butt hurt here. Probably why the XM bashing as well.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:37 PM   #29
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post

One of the best Spidey related pieces ever made? Lol!

It looks like it was bought in a toy store for 20 bucks. If you cant get, why it OOZES a strong toyish vibe (this Electro), i cant say anything more.

If you want one of the best Spidey related pieces ever made, get the 1/5 Venom Comiquette by Martin Canale. Its hunched over, its small but it is a SCULPTING MASTERPIECE.

This Electro could have been bought in a toy store for 20 bucks. If any of you cannot get why by just looking it for 2-3 seconds, then im sorry. Tubers can easily convince you that the new 1/3 LBS line (that inflated Bowen-looking line) is the second coming of
Old 07-15-2023, 01:07 PM   #30
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

What a clown.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote