Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #21
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Is Fox doing sol badly that they have to sell?

Maybe finally we will get a completion of the FF PF statues made by Sideshow. Can't just have Thing & Doom.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

If, & it's a big if, Disney gets Fox & can start rolling in FF & X-Men characters into the Marvel Cinematic U, it could really help with their phase 2 or 3. The older actors playing key character now, like Evan's Cap or Downey's Iron Man, could be phased out & replaced by a whole new stable.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #23
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Would Disney buying the Fox television studios be tantamount to them buying the shows and possible butchering them?

They are in to make money (and rule the world with Amazon), so I hold hope that if this deal goes they would sugar coat FX/FXX/FOX TV
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #24
protector2814
Phoenix

Disney couldn't have the Fox tv stuff. They already own ABC & a company can't legally own two networks. Fox would keep their tv.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #25
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Is Fox doing sol badly that they have to sell?

Maybe finally we will get a completion of the FF PF statues made by Sideshow. Can't just have Thing & Doom.
No actually Fox is the Number 3 Film Studio just behind Warner Bros. though they don't have the output WB or Disney does. This, if I read correctly, is more an idea to give Disney what it wants and streamline Fox's media holdings while taking in a surplus of cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Would Disney buying the Fox television studios be tantamount to them buying the shows and possible butchering them?

They are in to make money (and rule the world with Amazon), so I hold hope that if this deal goes they would sugar coat FX/FXX/FOX TV
Yeah, no from what i read just the studios and the licenses, and probably not all of them. They keep all the channels and all the news and sports organizations.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #26
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Disney couldn't have the Fox tv stuff. They already own ABC & a company can't legally own two networks. Fox would keep their tv.
Well they could buy it technically and just fold it into ABC, but they really don't need to or from I read even want to.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #27
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Ditto.

All I care about is the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer going back to Marvel. X-Men is icing on the cake.
This!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #28
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
For my own selfish merry mutant loving reasons, I hope this happens. Can you imagine X-Men movies made by mouse house?! I would cry with joy.

As for Disney not making R movies, I think owning FOX might be a way for Disney to get around that. When you buy Marvel you think happy, shiny comic characters. Nice MCU people. FOX has always been grittier and I think that Disney is smart enough to know that there is a giant cash flow tied into Alien, Deadpool, etc. Not every movie has to be comic related

What concerns me more than anything is the SMALL screen that Disney would stand to possible own. I love a lot of Fox/FX/FXX shows. Those are usually the darker shows. I don't want Disney touching them at all. Could you imagine FARGO watered down?! Always Sunny not being so crass and hysterical?! Let alone what Disney could do if they owned sports show rights. When Disney bought ABC, then grew their tendrils into ESPN - they killed it.

So if this deal goes through, I want Disney to just own MOVIE rights.

Overall, what I think is happening is that Disney is looking to buy more properties so that when they spin off their own stand-alone subscribed service it won't be filled with cartoons and MCU. They want adults in there too.
nobody better mess with my always sunny in philadelphia, thats like my favorite comedy ever lol
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

The government should really stop Disney from acquiring anymore companies, they're already getting to big, the Los Angeles times wrote an article pointing out that Disney was getting insane deals from Anaheim because of their parks and because of that Disney has banned the LA Times from early previews of their movies. When companies start to get so big that they can strong arm the free press into not writing unfavorable articles about them, that's not good. IMO Disney is already to big and has to much clout as it is.

It's to bad politicians are paid off by these same companies to look the other way when they do crap like this...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #30
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
As for Disney not making R movies, I think owning FOX might be a way for Disney to get around that. When you buy Marvel you think happy, shiny comic characters. Nice MCU people. FOX has always been grittier and I think that Disney is smart enough to know that there is a giant cash flow tied into Alien, Deadpool, etc. Not every movie has to be comic related
Disney has been making R-Rated movies for a very long time, they have done it under Touchstone Pictures which they own.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote