Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #4831
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The 1/3 line is pointless without Jerry. It was his sculptural showcase.

I know some people won't mind, but when you've spent years in the hobby, you get more discerning about who sculpted what, the sculptors' artistic evolution, and the art direction of a line.

Storm Collectibles and Prototypez will take care of my SF needs from here on out. I wish PCS well, but this is where we part.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #4832
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
The 1/3 line is pointless without Jerry. It was his sculptural showcase.

I know some people won't mind, but when you've spent years in the hobby, you get more discerning about who sculpted what, the sculptors' artistic evolution, and the art direction of a line.

Storm Collectibles and Prototypez will take care of my SF needs from here on out. I wish PCS well, but this is where we part.
One off statues have a limited appeal as do a small group of characters for discontinued line or a line so disharmonious from it's impetus.
Bison, Ken, Vega or any others won't be his.

Jerry can claim "artistic" difference all he wants but he had to know or should have known new owners would want some kind of input at least for sales potential and I believe it quite likely they would have still let him do whatever he wanted in this 1/3 line which was always his personal line and they knew that had sales potential.

We are't parting from PCS though PCS was always Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso and he decided to part from us.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #4833
vhernandez3242
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

even with all the nonsense, if PCS survives I dont see how they wont do a 1/3 ken. I'm about to take the plunge on the 1/3 ryu so hopefully it does LOL
vhernandez3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #4834
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Market prices are going to kill Street Fighter. It’ll be as dead as MK eventually.

We were always a niche crowd in the statue world. These characters simply aren’t Iron Man, Thanos, Wonder Woman, Superman, Spider Man, Etc, Etc.

Paying $700.00, $800.00, $900.00, $1,000 dollars for Guile and Cammy? With no hope of it gaining any value in the secondary market?

Without the sculptor who invented the line?

Sounds like a plan.

I have three PCS orders left. Then my Ten year run with them ends.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #4835
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Market prices are going to kill Street Fighter. It’ll be as dead as MK eventually.

We were always a niche crowd in the statue world. These characters simply aren’t Iron Man, Thanos, Wonder Woman, Superman, Spider Man, Etc, Etc.

Paying $700.00, $800.00, $900.00, $1,000 dollars for Guile and Cammy? With no hope of it gaining any value in the secondary market?

Without the sculptor who invented the line?

Sounds like a plan.
This is why I honestly wish most of the 1/3s were just worked entirely from game files.

More accurate and way less focus on the "art" and ties to the "artist".

Selling most of this type of stuff is about copying already established iconic and nostalgic representations created by previous 2D artists OR real life, as accurately as possible, anyway.

That's why these artists are so desperately tied to licenses at all like PCS has been with SF.
Not enough customers will pay money for original creations that suit an artist's whimsy.

That is what I had hoped for from Prime1 but I don't think the industry or SF market is there anymore.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #4836
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is why I honestly wish most of the 1/3s were just worked entirely from game files.

More accurate and way less focus on the "art" and ties to the "artist".

Selling most of this type of stuff is about copying already established iconic and nostalgic representations created by previous 2D artists OR real life, as accurately as possible, anyway.

That's why these artists are so desperately tied to licenses at all like PCS has been with SF.
Not enough customers will pay money for original creations that suit an artist's whimsy.

That is what I had hoped for from Prime1 but I don't think the industry or SF market is there anymore.
I also think in SF's case that SFV kind of hurt the statue market. Allot of people play SFV but most of those same people constantly complain how bad the game is and ugly the designs are. But I am hoping that another inspired like company similar to old PCS will pop up and give us new and improved SF and MK statues in 1:3.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #4837
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I also think in SF's case that SFV kind of hurt the statue market. Allot of people play SFV but most of those same people constantly complain how bad the game is and ugly the designs are. But I am hoping that another inspired like company similar to old PCS will pop up and give us new and improved SF and MK statues in 1:3.
SFV is no longer thought of as bad. It has grown beyond its poor launch and is now the most robust and complete fighter on the market.

SFV and DBFZ set various twitch records this year during EVO as well.

It’s basically riding an all time high with the recent releases of Sagat and Cody, and people love the new character G.

As far as aesthetics, I think there’s been very little debate that the character models in SFV are amongst the most stunning and polished ever seen in a Fighter.

IMHO SFV did nothing to hurt the Statue market.

Release Laura or R.Mika and let’s see what happens.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #4838
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhernandez3242 View Post
Yeah MK and SF are a huge part to me.. If I knew they would make a Ken 1/3 then I'd prolly get him and ryu and then scorp and sub and call it a day... sooo expensive tho lol
BST violation

Last edited by JadeGiant; 08-16-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #4839
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ You did see this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
1:3 is the only scale I collect anymore...once you go big you never get sick

ps: I am going to go and read the forum Buy/Sell/Trade rules now ...
Old 08-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #4840
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
SFV is no longer thought of as bad. It has grown beyond its poor launch and is now the most robust and complete fighter on the market.

SFV and DBFZ set various twitch records this year during EVO as well.

It’s basically riding an all time high with the recent releases of Sagat and Cody, and people love the new character G.

As far as aesthetics, I think there’s been very little debate that the character models in SFV are amongst the most stunning and polished ever seen in a Fighter.

IMHO SFV did nothing to hurt the Statue market.

Release Laura or R.Mika and let’s see what happens.

I agree with this, I've been playing SFV since release and Capcom has turned the game far around. This year has been the best year for SFV hands down, they just need to continue improving going into Season 4.

Sorry to go off topic from the thread, but I think SF is still very untapped in statues. There are people like me craving for some highly detailed and cool statues from SF. I have liked some of PCS work, but I still have a big itch for something that goes to the next level. We still don't have SFV Juri, Urien, Ibuki, R. Mika, Laura, Karin, Menat, SFV Guile.

SFV Makoto, SFV Viper, and SFV Rose when they get in.. We need these characters done! I would pay big bucks for them in 1/4, I'm sure other people out there would too. I'm not looking for a full line, but I am looking for more love on the character choices.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote