Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #351
pokritz17
Hydra

very true, we always expect the new character release from sideshow but that's also at the risk of them putting the "ss spin" on it...unfortunately sometimes it comes out looking like utter garbage

love this joker tho
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #352
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
So glad that the OG was released and is exactly what I wanted for my collection. It's always nice to have options though. For those that didn't like the OG PF, hopefully this new Joker PF is what those collectors are looking for. I only wish I had that option with the Deathstroke PF. Unfortunately, I'm still anxiously waiting on a 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke for my collection.
Don't hold your breath. Underwear on the outside and swashbuckler boots are like Sideshow's kryptonite now.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #353
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Unfortunately, that's pretty much what sideshow does. Just rinse, cycle, and repeat the same characters over and over again. Every now and again you'll see a new character get released but that's fairly rare. To top it all off, when a new character does get released...who knows what kind of costume sideshow will put on the character.

I've been waiting on a proper Perez styled Deathstroke PF since sideshow acquired the DC license. Instead of a comic accurate Deathstroke PF, sideshow gave us the abomination know as the Deathstroker PF. I used to buy quite a bit of sideshow's Marvel and DC PFs. With the exception of the last Wolverine PF, I haven't bought anything else from sideshow.

Man that's dumb. I don't know if i wanna start collecting this line now if they dont seem to finish it. Decisions, decisions lol
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:23 PM   #354
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVC1986 View Post
Man that's dumb. I don't know if i wanna start collecting this line now if they dont seem to finish it. Decisions, decisions lol
What would you consider a "finish" for the line?

After Sideshow gets through Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Joker, Harley, and Catwoman, anything else is a bonus. You'll more likely see Batman PF V3 before Deathstroke.

If you are looking to go deep into the DC roster, you might want to consider going 1:6 and seeing what Tweeterhead comes up with.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #355
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

After Sideshow gets through Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Joker, Harley, and Catwoman, anything else is a bonus. You'll more likely see Batman PF V3 before Deathstroke.

If you are looking to go deep into the DC roster, you might want to consider going 1:6 and seeing what Tweeterhead comes up with.
He'll most likely see Batman PF V5 before he sees Deathstroke.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:12 PM   #356
KVC1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

What i meant was at least finish the villains that they just released in that rogues gallery art print. So at least Two-face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Penguin, Man-Bat and Clayface. But hey if they wanna do more than those, i wouldn't be mad lol
Old 02-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #357
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVC1986 View Post
What i meant was at least finish the villains that they just released in that rogues gallery art print. So at least Two-face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Penguin, Man-Bat and Clayface. But hey if they wanna do more than those, i wouldn't be mad lol
On this very board Dave Igo, Lead Art Director at SSC, stated that there is 3 MAYBE 4 new never before seen characters being made into PFs in the next 2 years!?!

If you are looking to finish a line or to branch out in character representation and are just starting out, I'd say look to Prime 1 b/c SSC will always stick to the Big names.

Out of those 3 maybe 4 new entries, I would place my bets on all Gotham Characters.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #358
KVC1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
On this very board Dave Igo, Lead Art Director at SSC, stated that there is 3 MAYBE 4 new never before seen characters being made into PFs in the next 2 years!?!

If you are looking to finish a line or to branch out in character representation and are just starting out, I'd say look to Prime 1 b/c SSC will always stick to the Big names.

Out of those 3 maybe 4 new entries, I would place my bets on all Gotham Characters.
Man hope you're right on all Gotham characters. I'd love to go for the Prime 1 Pieces but i ain't that rich lol maybe one day though.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #359
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post

Prime1 doesn’t finish any lines too. Prime 1 is great if you are a fan of only Batman, Superman, and Joker. You won’t get a line with consistent scale and style (Arkham series line was close to finishing, but honestly I don’t think prime1 will ever do anything like this line again. They are all about Batman nowadays lol). Last Wonderfest was horrible in terms of character representation. In some ways, I think they are worse than SSC. Honestly, I think the best bet to finish a Rogue line or get character representation will be Tweeterhead. Now, that is a company all about character representation.

Sideshow actually teased that 1 new Gotham character and 2-3 new DC non-gotham characters will be made in two years. In other words, we will get approx 8+ Repeats lol. That isn’t sounding good to me, who is looking for 1/4 scale new Bat family characters. So for sure, the rogue line/gotham line will not be completed for the foreseeable future.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #360
KVC1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Prime1 doesn’t finish any lines too. Prime 1 is great if you are a fan of only Batman, Superman, and Joker. You won’t get a line with consistent scale and style (Arkham series line was close to finishing, but honestly I don’t think prime1 will ever do anything like this line again. They are all about Batman nowadays lol). Last Wonderfest was horrible in terms of character representation. In some ways, I think they are worse than SSC. Honestly, I think the best bet to finish a Rogue line or get character representation will be Tweeterhead. Now, that is a company all about character representation.

Sideshow actually teased that 1 new Gotham character and 2-3 new DC non-gotham characters will be made in two years. In other words, we will get approx 8+ Repeats lol. That isn’t sounding good to me, who is looking for 1/4 scale new Bat family characters. So for sure, the rogue line/gotham line will not be completed for the foreseeable future.
Bummer if that's true. Sucks if they don't make them. They would obviously sell.