Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #71
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedluck View Post
Yea, I mentioned that in my post Y3E. 'At the end of the day each card is different so the math above will only be the same for people with the same mastercard as me'. It is very dependent on the the CC that you are using. But apparently that is being a troll on here.

Be careful doing it through paypal as I have used 4 different CC on there on the years and all 4 had lower conversion rates than Paypal.
Thanks for the info. Paypal is a money grabber and I try and use it only for eBay purchases and only in my Cdn currencies.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #72
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Lol okay. Just trying to help out fellow collectors who might be deceived by Sideshow's email. If you want to feed people false information saving they are saving us money, go ahead, but I'm sure many will have been helped who read my post. Have a nice life bud.
Ahhhhh - booboo? Did my facts get in the way of your crying?

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:05 AM   #73
Fixedluck
Doh!

No problem and I agree. I try to use it as little as possible but it seems to be one of the only choices when buying from other collectors. There is a button on Paypal if you are sending money to another collector in other currencies to have them convert it with your with your CC.

Right before you hit the 'Send Money Now' there is bar to click 'Currency conversion options' and then in there hit the 'Convert with card issuer'.

On Paypal, based on today's rates, it would cost me an extra $11.75 Cad if sending $1000 US letting them convert over my Mastercard. (Again that changes based on the card but for me it has always been more on Paypal and I lose my 4% foreign currency bonus.)

Ps, anyone who travels a lot, or makes a lot of purchases in foreign currencies, (or buys lots of statues from around the world lol) look into the Rogers Platinum Mastercard. 4% cash back on all foreign purchases, 1.75% cash back on all purchases in local currency, free additional cards, and no fee is you set up your rogers/fido bill to auto pay with the card. (Or a $29 yearly fee if you don't) Hands down my favourite reward card I have ever had. I am getting more back from this card than a card I was paying $99 a year for. (Momentum Visa Infinite)
Fixedluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #74
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
No problem and I agree. I try to use it as little as possible but it seems to be one of the only choices when buying from other collectors. There is a button on Paypal if you are sending money to another collector in other currencies to have them convert it with your with your CC.

Right before you hit the 'Send Money Now' there is bar to click 'Currency conversion options' and then in there hit the 'Convert with card issuer'.

On Paypal, based on today's rates, it would cost me an extra $11.75 Cad if sending $1000 US letting them convert over my Mastercard. (Again that changes based on the card but for me it has always been more on Paypal and I lose my 4% foreign currency bonus.)

Ps, anyone who travels a lot, or makes a lot of purchases in foreign currencies, (or buys lots of statues from around the world lol) look into the Rogers Platinum Mastercard. 4% cash back on all foreign purchases, 1.75% cash back on all purchases in local currency, free additional cards, and no fee is you set up your rogers/fido bill to auto pay with the card. (Or a $29 yearly fee if you don't) Hands down my favourite reward card I have ever had. I am getting more back from this card than a card I was paying $99 a year for. (Momentum Visa Infinite)
That is a good deal. I only get 2% on all transactions on my CC. I might just get Rogers CC just for SS pieces. I get quite a few emails from Rogers for their CC too. Thanks for the info.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #75
banner23
Justice League

I went to Sideshow website and it's no longer showing Canadian dollars. Is there a way to bring it back ?
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #76
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
I went to Sideshow website and it's no longer showing Canadian dollars. Is there a way to bring it back ?
Not sure if it will make a difference but it only seems to show theprices in British pounds if I'm signed in and open the page for a single figure, not the index pages.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote