Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #111
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If you guys think Scarlett Johansson is ugly looking in any of those photos you guys must be dating Victorian Secret models... I think she looks hot in all three
Why would Victorian women have to be models in secret ?
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #112
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ok discussing the statue instead of attractiveness of the actress would be preferable.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #113
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I guess im one of the only ones who doesn't think the likeness is dead on, looks pretty off to me. and while the bases are simple and clean - that should reflect in the price
You're not alone SONICobra. I agree with you on both fronts. I can kind of see Scarlet but It definitely isn't dead on and it's sure as hell not on the level of the Hot Toys figure. The actual Scarlet's face is tailored a little more toward her skull structure and her nose points upward. This statue has a very soft rounded face. Pretty sure, but not accurate to the actress.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #114
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
You're not alone SONICobra. I agree with you on both fronts. I can kind of see Scarlet but It definitely isn't dead on and it's sure as hell not on the level of the Hot Toys figure. The actual Scarlet's face is tailored a little more toward her skull structure and her nose points upward. This statue has a very soft rounded face. Pretty sure, but not accurate to the actress.
Hot Toys is not 100% accurate either, there's been examples where their likeness has been off, some by a lot...

I don't think your ever going to get 100% likeness in any media. Although plastic dolls (action figures if you prefer), is probably easier to get a likeness to then polystone.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #115
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Hot Toys is not 100% accurate either, there's been examples where their likeness has been off, some by a lot...

I don't think your ever going to get 100% likeness in any media. Although plastic dolls (action figures if you prefer), is probably easier to get a likeness to then polystone.
You're right, Hot Toys Black Widow likeness wasn't 100%, but it was closer by comparison. I'll give you this, This piece is far superior to the weird looking PF Sideshow made.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #116
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Maybe if your a huge fan of hers and watch every one of her movies, most of her movies have been those boring Woody Allen movies and other chick flicks that I have no desire to see..
I don't think I'm much more a fan of hers than I am of, say, Danny DeVito. And her face is the same in every movie and every TV appearance, magazine cover, Internet pic, etc., but whatev. ^_^
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #117
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
What does the fight scene being too staged have to do with how she looks?
Honestly, I don't really like any of the looks for black widow in the films but if I had to choose I like her look in IM2 best
Nothing. But that fight scene is just another thing that bothered me about her in Iron Man 2. Avengers did justice to the character. Black Widow's best scenes in Iron Man 2 are when she takes control of situations using dialog or something. Other than that she's basically there as a pinup. Although the back of the car costume change was cool...

You guys should check out some fashion magazines. Scarlett is in a new perfume ad or something. It's usually in the early pages. It's a profile shot similar to the OP photo. Then tell me how much this statue is close to Scarlett's likeness.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #118
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I don't think I'm much more a fan of hers than I am of, say, Danny DeVito. And her face is the same in every movie and every TV appearance, magazine cover, Internet pic, etc., but whatev. ^_^
Yep her face looks identical in each picture, hair style, makeup, etc... make no difference, your right...

Hell if I didn't know better she COULD be Danny DeVito !!!!!
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #119
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Quote:

To be honest I personally like GG's likeness of Scarlett better than both the attemps by HT's to date:

Last edited by Matches Malone; 10-19-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #120
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Maybe Barbie had a bad hair day.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote