Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #9361
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, agreed. We should never support recasts (and recasters) in this hobby. We should only support creativity.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #9362
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
I messaged that ebay seller i was curious i asked if it was an original head they said the ex head came from the china factory, same as sideshow.
yup, this has been happening for a while. These aren't typical "recasts", they're either getting the digital print and making fresh molds or getting their hands on original molds right from the factory. Lots of XM pieces have fallen victim to this as well as some of the new custom statues coming out of the facebook groups.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #9363
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
A fake is a fake. I just don't understand why anyone would even want something like that. Kinda like getting original art that somebody traced.
I understand how you feel but there is an entire black market that exists on selling knock off items. Purses, shoes, watches, statues, art, suits, dresses, and countless other items are supported by people buying in the black market. That's not going to stop anytime soon.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #9364
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think buying recast parts is ok but not the whole statue..jmho
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #9365
M United
The Spirit

I suppose buying a recast head sculpt is ok if its exactly the same as the original and you really like it otherwise a good custom would be the way to go.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:27 PM   #9366
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I think buying recast parts is ok but not the whole statue..jmho
buy a custom head that is different than what is offered in the package is ok

buy the exact same head (ie sideshow exclusive) that was created from recast is not ok
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #9367
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
buy a custom head that is different than what is offered in the package is ok

buy the exact same head (ie sideshow exclusive) that was created from recast is not ok
I honestly don't have any issues with recast ex parts especially so as long as the whole statue are not being part of it.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:07 AM   #9368
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Ask that of the 3500 REG buyers who missed out on the EX. EX buyers sure don't want it happening. Recasting causes the value of a piece to plummet in the aftermarket. The Iron Man COM was going for serious $$$$ in the aftermarket at one point. By the time recasters were done with that piece, The EX and REGs go for around retail or less now. I feel for anyone who pays high aftermarket prices for a piece they missed out on and then start seeing recasted pieces flooding the market.
Wrong.

Theres always been recasts of grail pieces, that hasnt diminished the authentic versions, aftermarket values. Even other collector markets, the authentic collectibles are always at a premium.

In the case of the Mark VI, theres been a flood of IronMan, in particular, with sideshow, that the Mark VI was just another option to either pay more, or go with a Mark III, the classic suit that everyones been waiting for. Or a Mark II. Or another War Machine. Give it some time, prices fluctuate. Mark VI will go back up.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #9369
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I honestly don't have any issues with recast ex parts especially so as long as the whole statue are not being part of it.
Most of the time I didn't really have an issue with your posts, but this I do have an issue with. Any collector stating that he/she'd consider buying a recasted piece can't call himself/herself a collector.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #9370
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Most of the time I didn't really have an issue with your posts, but this I do have an issue with. Any collector stating that he/she'd consider buying a recasted piece can't call himself/herself a collector.
Really?? Lol ok. I guess I'm not a collector since I own about 400+ statues and mind you they are all 100% real