Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

PEANUTS Movie by Blue Sky Studios

PEANUTS to Be Adapted into Feature Film by Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios | Collider

Fifth PEANUTS Movie To Be Made | Badass Digest
The last Peanuts movie was released in 1980, so I will be glad if Peanuts gets some mainstream media attention again. And if the movie helps new generation of kids to discover the Peanuts characters leading them to check out the comics, then I am all for it.

That reminds me I need to get back into collecting all the Complete Peanuts Books, which I didn't beyond the initial couple of volumes. Now there are 18 books already.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:54 AM   #2
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

First Look At Snoopy & Charlie Brown | Movie News | Empire

The teaser trailer will likely be online later today.

From the article:

" With Ice Age: Continental Drift director Steve Martino calling the shots and Paul Feig producing alongside members of the Schulz family (Charles Schulz died in 2000), the film is tied to the original comic strip’s 65th anniversary, with a release date set for November 2015.

“We have been working on this project for years," Craig Schulz told Deadline when the project was announced. "We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create... a Peanuts movie that is true to the strip and will continue the legacy in honour of my father. Collaborating with a talent like Paul is a great step forward. Knowing how Peanuts, especially Charlie Brown’s never-give-up-attitude, has influenced him throughout his life makes this partnership even more meaningful." "

Paul Feig is the creator of Freaks and Geeks and he directed The Heat in 2013.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 AM   #3
Sithlord32
New Republic

Not sure about the 3rd dimension in peanuts I like my old 2D Charlie Brown but it would be great too see some Charles Schulz back out there for the next generation of kids to enjoy.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I'm in. Big Peanuts fan. I've got all the Peanuts comic strip books that have been released so far.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #5
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Not sure about the 3rd dimension in peanuts I like my old 2D Charlie Brown but it would be great too see some Charles Schulz back out there for the next generation of kids to enjoy.
I know it sounds old fashioned but I agree.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Snoopy and Charlie Brown A Peanuts Movie | Official UK Teaser Trailer HD | 2014 - YouTube

Looks cool, now I can't wait to see and hear the rest of the gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm in. Big Peanuts fan. I've got all the Peanuts comic strip books that have been released so far.
Nice .

Last edited by Spideristic; 03-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
JDogg74
Frackin!

I look forward to this release.
JDogg74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
adee
Green Arrow

Waa waaa waaa waaa waaa
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

alright cool. always loved watching the nuts gang on tv when i was kid. 3d or not. this should be a stroll down memory lane.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

First Look at PEANUTS Movie; Filmmakers Comment on Protecting the Legacy, Embracing 3D, and Visiting Snoopy’s Fantasy World

From the article:

" Following up on the belief that now is the right time for a new Peanuts movie, Craig Schulz hopes to put any doubts to rest in the USA Today feature:

“I’m way more protective than my father would have been. Our No.1 goal was always to be authentic to his work and legacy.”

Regarding the plot, Schulz only noted, “It’s about a round-headed kid and his dog, and that’s about as far as I’m willing to go.” But a few details surfaced:

- Charlie Brown’s lifelong crush the “Little Red-Haired Girl” will make an appearance.
- Martino says the detailed animation will show that “Snoopy has soft-white fur.”
- “We’re going to fly with Snoopy in his fantasy world. We have a bigger canvas. Bill Melendez got Snoopy off the ground in the TV specials. We’re going to take it a step further.” – Martino

As for the 3D, Schulz believes his father would have “embraced the technology.” Schulz elaborates:

“It would have been absolutely logical for him to have come onboard. And it brings you closer into the comic strip.”

Feig says everyone involved with the production wants to remain true to the “sweet optimism” of the original material, promising:

“Snoopy will not be rapping, no one will be twerking, we’re in good hands.”

I am wary, but it could be fun to revisit this world with a new lens, so I hope Blue Sky, Feig, and the Schulzes can deliver. "