Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #1351
True_POW
Frackin!

Just got an email from Prime 1. Eredin ready to ship in 1-2 months apparently. I thought Triss was meant to be before Eredin?

I don't want any more reskins of the same characters. I'd like to see Imlerith and Caranthir to complete the Wild Hunt. The other witchers would be nice too. I know the line is from the Witcher 3, but I'd love to see some characters from the other two games too, like Adda, Iorveth etc. It would be sweet to see all the rulers as well: Foltest, Radovid, Emyr, Henselt and Demavend.

There are soo many cool characters in this franchise that it is a shame if they just keep re doing character they've already done. Not to mention the possible monsters they can do.
True_POW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #1352
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_POW View Post
Just got an email from Prime 1. Eredin ready to ship in 1-2 months apparently. I thought Triss was meant to be before Eredin?

I don't want any more reskins of the same characters. I'd like to see Imlerith and Caranthir to complete the Wild Hunt. The other witchers would be nice too. I know the line is from the Witcher 3, but I'd love to see some characters from the other two games too, like Adda, Iorveth etc. It would be sweet to see all the rulers as well: Foltest, Radovid, Emyr, Henselt and Demavend.

There are soo many cool characters in this franchise that it is a shame if they just keep re doing character they've already done. Not to mention the possible monsters they can do.
I'd be surprised if the market could support the, shall we say, more obscure characters. The giant Frog Prince demon thing went down like a lead balloon I think.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #1353
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nobody asked for that frog. They they decided to add a variant....which nobody asked for as well. But I do believe supporting characters will do very well even out of other Witcher games besides 3
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #1354
True_POW
Frackin!

Submissive421 is 100% right. If Prime1 had a poll for Witcher fans asking what character they would want, the Frog Prince probably would not have had a single vote. Totally bizarre choice when, as I have mentioned above there are tons of better choices which fans would want.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:44 PM   #1355
dao2
Cyclops

I think they just did it cause they liked it :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #1356
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I think they just did it cause they liked it :<
I mean, if it were me working there probably be 3 Ciri statues already so glass house here...

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #1357
OhHaiMark
Justice League

If they did make more obscure characters (I'd be thrilled if they did) it would have to be a smaller, less expensive scale - 1/5 or 1/6 and even that's pushing it. IMO, their best bet would be a line that offers a higher quality alternative to the Dark Horse figures.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #1358
True_POW
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
If they did make more obscure characters (I'd be thrilled if they did) it would have to be a smaller, less expensive scale - 1/5 or 1/6 and even that's pushing it. IMO, their best bet would be a line that offers a higher quality alternative to the Dark Horse figures.
I'd be all over that.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:30 PM   #1359
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
I think that would be perfect but it seems like Prime 1 has no interest in 1/6 scale figures, which I personally believe is the best balance between size, quality, and price if done right. Most people can only collect so many 1/4 scale statues before they run out of room (and money lol).
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:26 AM   #1360
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I mean, if it were me working there probably be 3 Ciri statues already so glass house here...

The whole Witcher line could be JUST Ciri and I'd be in for every variant.

Let's face it, the character design and composition for Ciri is just a show stopper.

She needs her own game. Lara Croft eat your heart out.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote