Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-13-2022, 12:25 AM   #4401
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This will ultimately end in controversy but I guess why not?

Historically, with stories in others hands...

Star Wars is burning....
Star Trek? Hahaha....
Game of Thrones went down in flames (at least TV show) since the writer is busy cashing his checks....
Comics? Haha...uhh...hahaha!
Moral of the story is keep that sheit in house and stay away from big publications.
And please please start with the story then flush the details out.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:15 AM   #4402
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

The Story deserves an end is such a bull----. The Americans who say this follow comics titles without an end... Hollywood and Comics companies made you got used to stories with no ends. Don't give me that. The ones that want an end just hide behind that word. They are actually just comics and manga junkies that want more and more...They don't care about any end.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:08 AM   #4403
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
The Story deserves an end is such a bull----. The Americans who say this follow comics titles without an end... Hollywood and Comics companies made you got used to stories with no ends. Don't give me that. The ones that want an end just hide behind that word. They are actually just comics and manga junkies that want more and more...They don't care about any end.
lol that's the exact reason why I don't care at all about superhero comics. There are 100 different versions of the same hero with no actual storyline going for them.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:29 AM   #4404
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Nah, Miuras dying wish was for his best friend to finish the story. I'm all for it. Those that don't respect his wishes can just not read it.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:44 AM   #4405
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Nah, Miuras dying wish was for his best friend to finish the story. I'm all for it. Those that don't respect his wishes can just not read it.
Agreed. I don't get the criticism, because for all intended purposes there will now exist two parts/versions of Berserk: the one that ended with Miura's passing, and the one that Miura's trusted friends completed.

I trust in them fully, because as stated they will only write and draw what Miura himself planned and nothing extra. The story deserves conclusion, and for all I know Miura thought the same. If you feel like the series should have ended, then don't read the next part, and if you feel like some scenes you might not like could stain the legacy of the series, then that's too bad because Miura himself planned it.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #4406
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I didn't know that it was Miura's dying wish to his best friend to finish The Berserk manga... If this is true, i am all for it.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:46 AM   #4407
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from but, personally, I'm glad there's a continuation of the manga, and by none other than the one who inspired Miura to create Griffith (the relationship between Miura and his fellow mangaka is close to the one between Guts and Griffith).

I genuinely believe Koji Mouri really wants to make Miura proud with this one.

In the end, there are only 2 outcomes :

1) it's good and we're all happy;
2) it's bad and it will be forgotten (like the last GOT seasons).

Time will tell but I'm really excited for this one.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:53 AM   #4408
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Also this is a bad analogy. I love some of my favourite manga the way I do because they have an beginning and an end (and the middle isn't half baked). Full Metal Alchemist and Pluto to name a few. Also One Piece, a series that I have been following for close to two decades, is entering it's final story arc this month, and I couldn't be happier.

Berserk was always intended to end once the story was told, and it has been stated that Miura had plans for the ending since pretty much the beginning - this is also why the series will continue. This is not like Batman where you have a "canon" beginning and bits and pieces of possible endings (DKR, Beyond, LKoE etc.) but then you just let a bazillion artists create their own storylines to fill the gaps and keep the series going for forever. There are also no reboots or retellings, just one Berserk.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:15 AM   #4409
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Agreed. I don't get the criticism, because for all intended purposes there will now exist two parts/versions of Berserk: the one that ended with Miura's passing, and the one that Miura's trusted friends completed.

I trust in them fully, because as stated they will only write and draw what Miura himself planned and nothing extra. The story deserves conclusion, and for all I know Miura thought the same. If you feel like the series should have ended, then don't read the next part, and if you feel like some scenes you might not like could stain the legacy of the series, then that's too bad because Miura himself planned it.
Yup, all the next parts of the manga they are going to write is what Miura envisioned or planned and they aren't going to deviate from that. Kouji Mori even knows the ending and final dialogue. He's the only living person that knows, Miura didn't tell anyone else...
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:18 AM   #4410
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Also this is a bad analogy. I love some of my favourite manga the way I do because they have an beginning and an end (and the middle isn't half baked). Full Metal Alchemist and Pluto to name a few. Also One Piece, a series that I have been following for close to two decades, is entering it's final story arc this month, and I couldn't be happier.

Berserk was always intended to end once the story was told, and it has been stated that Miura had plans for the ending since pretty much the beginning - this is also why the series will continue. This is not like Batman where you have a "canon" beginning and bits and pieces of possible endings (DKR, Beyond, LKoE etc.) but then you just let a bazillion artists create their own storylines to fill the gaps and keep the series going for forever. There are also no reboots or retellings, just one Berserk.
Don't be so sure about any end in manga. I mean look at Dragon Ball. Akira Toriyama once said this is it. It all ends with Dragon Ball Z... But did it ?!?!!? First came the Dragon Ball GT and now Dragon Ball Super... these mangas and comics are no work of art. The creative people behind any manga and comics only do them for money. If they believe, there is money to be had, they will definetly continue.