Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-15-2023, 09:18 PM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Commnet he is working on getting Red Sonja
Some stiff competition from Sideshow's previous releases.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:28 PM   #22
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

There always seems to be more demand for the character
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:37 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
There always seems to be more demand for the character
Oh for sure never enough good Red Sonja but the pieces in demand have been outstanding.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:56 PM   #24
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

yeah i will like red sonja too. wonder if they will do another dejah and vampirella since they did two lady death.

Also for street fighter any more 1/4 Sakura statue. In this forum and specially in other forum I constantly have people asking me some if i would sell my two PCS sakura statues and I end up disappointing them by saying I like to keep her. I'm sure many will be interested in another Sakura.

And I still want to know if PCS planning on SF6 statues.
ivory7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:10 PM   #25
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I believe when PCS scrapped their Grimlock, they chose to take a new artistic approach with the Transformers line. Devastator probably changed as a result.
Actually the new direction was mentioned way over a year ago. In fact it was mentioned at same time the renders came out for grimlock.
Grimlock was a new direction Ant mentioned due to hasbro. The new direction for devastator was going to be a more realistic version similar (but not the same) as IA took with theirs. This was due to the cartoon look not selling as well as they hoped. Bummed on that as it was by far my favorite line but have to admit I have liked ?most? of IA transformers as well. The computer generated design drawings for pcs devastator legs looks pretty cool. Think those were shown over a year ago originally.

The original devastator was only shown in a poster and all the dinobots were mentioned with him (and in poster). They were going to do a huge dio like iron studios did with their sentinels
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:22 PM   #26
craigcliff1
Zot

Ant mentioned that he didn't get to complete Megs ES. What the HOOEY. GREATEST TF statue other than Palisdaes Devy statue. Collectors don't like TF statues that much and really don't like G1 TF statues. Many think G1 is boring, cheesy, corny 80s kids cartoon with boring TF Robots. Give them METAL SHREDDER TF Movie statues and they eat them up like candy
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:56 PM   #27
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Ant mentioned that he didn't get to complete Megs ES. What the HOOEY. GREATEST TF statue other than Palisdaes Devy statue. Collectors don't like TF statues that much and really don't like G1 TF statues. Many think G1 is boring, cheesy, corny 80s kids cartoon with boring TF Robots. Give them METAL SHREDDER TF Movie statues and they eat them up.
But do people really think G1 is boring? So many seemed to lap it up when the G1 designs were shown in the Bumblebeee movie. And ThreeZero's Bumblebee movie characters all sold out and now command big aftermarket prices. And then look at their MDLX range which is updated versions of G1 characters. It's getting heaps of interest.

If ThreeZero can make G1 popular, why can't PCS? Or were PCS just being unrealistic about the profit they expected to make?
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:19 PM   #28
craigcliff1
Zot

I didn't bother with TF movies other than the first, THOSE METAL SHREDDER TF MOVIES made boat loads of money P1 and other companies made statues that were 1,000 to what 4,000 and people eat them up Ant did Awesome Starscraem, Megs, OP in 1/4 scale and people barley got them, Megs was in stock for years. Then Classic scale barely sold. Danny Lim didn't want to bother with true G1 statues. so did a mix
Toyalxy did true G1 those went in the trash
DST when they had license 15 years ago did true G1 had to toss their OP and Megs statues in the trash. OP was on PO and then canceled, Megs didn't get a PO,
F4F had dozens of G1 TF statues in the works, not many wanted them at 80.00 for almost foot statue.
HH just did a few G1 TF statues
So it appears that collectors want MODERN STYLE or METAL SHREDDER TRASH MOVIES TF statues
XM does MODERN. Galvy is out at BBTS.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:54 AM   #29
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd love to see a company tackle the bad girl era of the 90's, and PCS seems to be the closest to doing it (even though they're so far away, lol):

Angel (Spawn)
Lady Death
Vampirella
Dawn
Shi
Fairchild (Gen 13)
Witchblade
Red Monika (BattleChasers)
Cyblade (Cyberforce)
Darkchylde
Voodoo (WildC.A.T.S.)
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:10 AM   #30
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I'd love to see a company tackle the bad girl era of the 90's, and PCS seems to be the closest to doing it (even though they're so far away, lol):

Angel (Spawn)
Lady Death
Vampirella
Dawn
Shi
Fairchild (Gen 13)
Witchblade
Red Monika (BattleChasers)
Cyblade (Cyberforce)
Darkchylde
Voodoo (WildC.A.T.S.)

IHazToys came out with a nice Red Monika statue a short while back (EX came w/ a Joe Mad sketch card). Goes well with the long awaited Battle Chasers #10 which came out this week!
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote