Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
Rude Dog
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Koto conumdrum

Bought my first Koto which was delivered today and just paid for teh second one. The one I got here and now is the Biker Scout but i'm in 2 minds as to whether or not to open it up and put it together and display it or leave it in the box. Kinda looks ****e in the box so I guess its gonna come outta there but just so I know is it worht keeping the box and does it unsnap easily if I ever wanna put back in???
Cheers
Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Interesting. I just got my first Koto, Darth Vader 2, from ComicStatues a few weeks ago. Thought about keeping the box for about two seconds. Once I opened it up and snapped Darth together I threw out the box. This one is vinyl and not at all fragile so I don't have that reason to use as one for keeping the box. Not planning on selling it either. Mind you, I keep all my boxes but had no problem tossing this one out.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

same here. i have over 1000 statues displayed and this is the only piece displayed that i don't keep the boxes for. besides that, it's too much of a headache to try to assemble back together. you can't display it in a box since it kills the beauty of the piece either. i say trash the box. at least you'll have one piece you won't worry any longer about the box, hopes it stays mint.... you will find peace in your collection!
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't see any reason to keep the Koto boxes (although I think a couple are still around). They are packaged like action figures (which essentially is what they are), so once they come out of the box, I'd say you're out of the "mint on card" or whatever category. I don't know if these will ever go up in value, but you never know. We've got 200-300 Toy Biz action figures from the 90s that would probably be worth something if they'd never been removed from the pack. Oh well, check back in 20 years.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:12 AM   #5
Juggernaut
The Falcon

I throw out the boxes for my Kotobukia Star Wars kits.

I still have the boxes for the Sandtrooper Corporal and Sargeant, im not throwing the boxes out for these two.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #6
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

d rod - I haven't browsed the picture section, but where the $%@# do you display 1000 items?

I'd love to see that!

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Phart007
The X-Men

Personally i'd keep the boxes, their easy to put back into the boxes and if you ever wanted to sell any, you'll get more money for them with the boxes rather than without.

Last week on UK ebay both Sandtrooper Sargeant & Corporal figures only sold for £60 each.

With both boxes they sell for £200+ each.
Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

yes, please throw out your boxes to make mine more valuable.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Initially I wrestled with the idea of tossing my Koto boxes out as well but in the end decided to keep them for the exact reason Phart007 described. Having the box can only increase the value should you ever decide to sell anything. Obviously when you buy something for your collection selling it is usually the furthest thing from your mind but you never know when the desire or need will arise. As an example I've actually decided to sell my Koto Han and Chewy setup since I now have more or less the same display in my Attakus collection and don't feel the need to have both. So if you have the storage space I say save them.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
Phart007
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
Initially I wrestled with the idea of tossing my Koto boxes out as well but in the end decided to keep them for the exact reason Phart007 described. Having the box can only increase the value should you ever decide to sell anything. Obviously when you buy something for your collection selling it is usually the furthest thing from your mind but you never know when the desire or need will arise. As an example I've actually decided to sell my Koto Han and Chewy setup since I now have more or less the same display in my Attakus collection and don't feel the need to have both. So if you have the storage space I say save them.
My thoughts exactly Hellboy.

Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote