Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #31
Mister H
Gen 13

I think I read that they are still adapting the story of "Flashpoint" into the movie, they're just not calling it "Flashpoint".
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:44 AM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I don't really follow Superman, so I didn't see Man of Steel in theaters. One of my friends who's a bigger comics fan than I am saw it and told me that the movie portrayed Superman as someone who apparently has never known any happiness in life. Everything was just misery after misery after misery.

After I saw it on DVD, I agreed with my friend. What's the point of being Superman -- being able to fly and all the other things -- if one just mopes constantly?

I wasn't even bothered by Superman killing Zod. (Did people forget that Superman killed the other Kryptonians in Superman II?) If Superman were as miserable as depicted in Man of Steel, maybe he should've just killed himself instead.

I'm serious about Hoechlin being better than Cavill, though he also has the benefit of better-written scripts. I hated the other movies showing Superman turning back time by reverse-rotating the Earth, wiping Lois's mind, etc.
In the original Superman Movie it showed Clark as being very unhappy growing up in Smallville, having the jocks pick on him and having to take it, having to keep his secret.... MOS was no different....

In both films, once he became Superman and found a purpose in life he became a lot more happy... Of course in MOS he didn't get to enjoy it very long because Zod showed up.... It's hard to be "happy go lucky" when Zod wants to convert the Earth into new Krypton and kill everyone on it... Probably doesn't help that in the beginning the US Government had no issues trying to kill him either...

The biggest difference between the two movies is the first Superman (while cool as it was seeing it for the first time as an 8 year old) is very cheesy now and MOS is more of a realistic take on the character.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #33
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Superman II isn't exactly a shining example of a well thought out Superman movie either, though while the Kryptonians are pushed into the depths of the Fortress of solitude we actually don't know what happens to them. I do agree with some of the ridiculous things that happened in the Donner films though, especially the memory erasing kiss.
He had a roofie in his mouth.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #34
SONICobra
Batman

this sh_t is such a mess.... dc's list of things they should do:

- abandon the current dceu, keep what works and scrap what doesnt
- make another solo wonder woman (gadot) and superman (cavill) movie (cast a real lex luthor who can be eisenburgs father)
- recast batman make two solo movies
- get some lantern action going
- recast flash and make a solo movie

THEN in several years if they want to try this justice league thing still, and they will after how much money infinity war rakes in, try it again
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #35
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
this sh_t is such a mess.... dc's list of things they should do:

- abandon the current dceu, keep what works and scrap what doesnt
- make another solo wonder woman (gadot) and superman (cavill) movie (cast a real lex luthor who can be eisenburgs father)
- recast batman make two solo movies
- get some lantern action going
- recast flash and make a solo movie

THEN in several years if they want to try this justice league thing still, and they will after how much money infinity war rakes in, try it again
That checks about every thing on my list. I'll just toss in
-Keep the Characters as faithful as possible to their current comic counterparts
-Keep the stories Cohesive, it should feel like they share the same planet.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #36
Augen
Metal Men

Patience is the biggest key, focus on the movie right in front of you instead of trying to plan out five years with a dozen projects in development.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:11 PM   #37
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Patience is the biggest key, focus on the movie right in front of you instead of trying to plan out five years with a dozen projects in development.
Well both can be done but you are right, they do need to focus. The need to treat it the way an author writes a saga of books. Outline the entire story with the major points, then go in to each book and flesh them out, hitting the major plot points in the outline while still being creative with the details.

I realize thats a simplification, but its generally how it should work.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:16 PM   #38
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

First Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQWopZDEEY
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #39
AC_808
Hercules

Not bad so far. At least they replaced that awful Flash suit from Justice League.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:41 PM   #40
Wizard
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Not bad so far. At least they replaced that awful Flash suit from Justice League.
I love the subjectivity of movie analysis because I love the suit in Justice League, and not caring for the one in this new movie.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote