Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #871
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

What's the ES for both versions of that Sheriff Grimes bust?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #872
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
What's the ES for both versions of that Sheriff Grimes bust?
Let's head over to eBay and look

Edit: EX is 1850

LOOKS LIKE REG & EX 1850
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #873
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

thanks!
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #874
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Dreamwalker can you please explain why some the best pieces in the Marvel range can only be shipped within USA, Canada, Guam and Puerto Rico?

So what about all the other collectors from around the world who have bought many pieces from you direct over the years. Myself I have most of the Sucker Punch statues and Star Wars mini bust. So it's basically means screw you if your overseas. What a joke
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #875
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

seeing marvel 1/4 scale black widow.. is there a chance you guys are going also into 1/4 scale for Star Wars ????
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #876
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Dreamwalker can you please explain why some the best pieces in the Marvel range can only be shipped within USA, Canada, Guam and Puerto Rico?

So what about all the other collectors from around the world who have bought many pieces from you direct over the years. Myself I have most of the Sucker Punch statues and Star Wars mini bust. So it's basically means screw you if your overseas. What a joke
You talk as if GG is intentionally trying to screw over international customers, when the reason is much more likely that Marvel's licensing restricts them from directly selling overseas. Marvel's licensing department is very particular about what types of collectibles companies can make, what scale, and where they can sell them.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #877
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
You talk as if GG is intentionally trying to screw over international customers, when the reason is much more likely that Marvel's licensing restricts them from directly selling overseas. Marvel's licensing department is very particular about what types of collectibles companies can make, what scale, and where they can sell them.
Unfortunately that's usually the case

Although I'm sure you'll be able to buy it through 3rd parties. But I can understand the frustration with not being able to buy it direct.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #878
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post

Bowen is the same way. They can only ship to US addresses as it's the way their contract is.

Straight from the Bowen Website: "Notice regarding all Bowen Products: Per our contractual agreements, we are not permitted to ship or sell outside of the United States territory. "

I'd be willing to bet Marvel puts the same restrictions on GG as they have for Bowen.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #879
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Well that breaks a lot of collections for Europeans, or they have to be willing to dig deep into their bank accounts. Buying from a 3rd party means giving them cash for selling it, then add shipping, VAT and customs.

It seems that more companies lost the license to sell marvel stuff overseas in 2014. But isn't that also a big market for them? I know we kinda don't exist for the US, but we are there and buy alot. It's just bummer that collections get split now. The bookends f.e. are now never to be united or at too high a price.

Question though, I don't know if Dreamwalker can answer it. Are you still shipping these products to Wholesale companies in Europe or is that also off limits? And what about shared storage wholesales? PBM is a big international wholesales company and have an American and a European warehouse. What if those marvel and Walking Dead collectibles end up in Europe anyways?

Just baffles me why marvel would shut out the rest of the world by denying licenses or over asking money wise. I guess it's a touchy subject and I don't expect an answer on everything, but a few answers would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #880
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Dreamwalker,

The GG website description for HT Derby says it includes her dogtags and a charm. Will dogtags and charm be included with Whisper? Thanks.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote