Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Well, I said in the post it was an over the top comment! Its obviously not the vast majority, but is it a sizeable minority either doing, or sympathetic, or potentially turnable? Is there something peculiar to Islam that breeds this stuff? Where are all the Greek Orthodox terrorists? Personally, I see it as a backwards religion that hasn't evolved since the middle ages.
I think its a culture thing. Islam to my knowledge preaches pursuit of knowledge instead of ignorance. Clearly there is a lot of ignorance with these idiots who commit such heinous acts. And if Islam was so terrible, I would think the leaders of this "backwards" religion would support those individuals as opposed to condemning them.

With regards to Christian Terrorism, there have been examples of it. A quick search on google you could find some examples. Just for a quick reference purpose:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
patrickwm68
The Flash

One of the killers actually did an interview after the killing. I saw the video, he's covered in blood holding a cleaver and a butcher knife.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #23
risingstar
Jedi Order

Good grief.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
Batwing
Cobra Command

Brave woman.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...onight.html?fb
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 AM   #25
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak_Zombie View Post
Completely agree! More than 2 billion muslims in the world and look how many of them commit these crimes! Obviously Islam is a problem, the vast majority of them are committing such heinous acts!
When 9/11 happened I was in a Muslim country, everywhere I went they were cheering and laughing at the atrocity and burning the US flag. Didn't look like a tiny minority to me that day.

I didn't see any condemnation from their governments either.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #26
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
But just to offend everyone equally, I think all religion is a bit backwards!
This made me laugh really hard!
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #27
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
When 9/11 happened I was in a Muslim country, everywhere I went they were cheering and laughing at the atrocity and burning the US flag. Didn't look like a tiny minority to me that day.

There was widespread condemnation of the attacks from the majority of Muslim governments. Though why people expect governments should apologize for the actions of religious fanatics seems strange to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reacti...ber_11_attacks

To the topic at hand though : The video clip of the killer talking to the camera is pretty chilling.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
One of the killers actually did an interview after the killing. I saw the video, he's covered in blood holding a cleaver and a butcher knife.
I kept seeing that video yesterday, and aside from the horror of seeing his blood soaked hands and the butcher knife and cleaver he was holding, I could not believe that lady with the little basket/cart that walks right past him while he's going on and on about the killing.

If you watch the video she crosses the street just up the block from where this guy is standing. She seems to disregard the large crowd of people obviously keeping their distance and continues walking down the street towards the killer. As she gets to where the body is laying in the middle of the street she slows down, takes a look at the body, and without any emotion continues walking towards the killer where she just brushes past him and continues on her way.

I couldn't believe no one said "hey lady, maybe keep your distance, that guy down there just butchered that person in the street." or that after she sees the body she doesn't think "hmm.. there's a dead person there and there's a bloody guy yelling about Allah over there with knives in his hand, maybe I'll go back up the street. Naw, I'll just hurry right past him."
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #29
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
There was widespread condemnation of the attacks from the majority of Muslim governments. Though why people expect governments should apologize for the actions of religious fanatics seems strange to me..
I was there for three weeks after 9/11 and there was nothing. There's no doubt the more liberal governments condemned it but I wouldn't call it a minority. Countries included condemning 9/11 in that link include Libya, Iran, Iraq and the Afghan Taliban, heart felt no doubt.

These weren't religious fanatics I saw but ordinary people in the street.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post

I was in another Muslim country at that time and I didn't see that happening. I think countries that have a deep rooted fear of the US would have had such reactions. That and a country where its population is probably not as highly educated. Cause I think if anyone took the time to really read the Quran fully, they know how the religion abhores violence that is uncalled for.
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote