Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
actionjackson83
Midnighter

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I love how they executed old glory perfectly.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
travis
A.I.M.

To me it's the finest Captain America. Great photos
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

actionjackson this pose is perfect,

acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Awesome shots of an outstanding piece AJ! Big congrats and glad to hear you are happy with it.

Mine is scheduled to arrive Tuesday.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #16
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
This picture is beautiful. However, i'm not too crazy about the pics without the flag.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #17
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got mine delivered this morning I'm not going to post a bunch of pictures as my camera sucks and other people have posted some high quality ones already, but I will give a small review...

The box that Capt. comes in is high quality, the Styrofoam inside is cut to hold the various pieces perfectly, there is no movement. I love the straps far improvement over the standard shipping tape most companies use to secure the bottom and top half of the box. I was really surprised at how heavy this statue is, it's defiantly a solid piece, I think this also helps with reducing any chance of breakage during shipping as this statue is not fragile at all. The paint application is near perfect for a hand painted statue, I did notice a few minor hiccups though.

As you see above there was a very small chip on the glove, in the picture it looks like glare but trust me it's chip, it's extremely small and you can only notice it if you put your face literally right up against the statue. the camera is zoomed in on it so it looks bigger then it really is.

The second issue I saw was the silver paint was a bit sloppy on the belt buckle. you can see where it overlaps a little bit over the blue pants and little bit of the black belt.

Again these are really minor issues and only noticeable if you look really close. Everything else on the statue was perfect, so overall I'm extremely happy with this statue. But I wanted to be honest with my review so that's why I mentioned those two small items.

The Accessories are really nice but given all the stuff their giving you with Black Widow I feel they might of added 1 or more extras, maybe like the right hand holding a WW2 gun or his left hand holding two fingers out like he's pointing the way for the attack instead of the closed fist we got.. again a very minor gripe.

Score:

Shipping Box: 10/10
Paint Application: 9.8/10
Sculpt: 10/10
Statue Quality (feel of the statue): 10/10
Extra Accessories: 9/10

I guess the real question most people in North America want to know is if this statue is worth 2 Sideshow 1:4 scale PF's? If your a collector who prizes quality and rareness above everything else then I would say yes it's worth 2 of Sideshows PF's, but if your an average Joe collector who doesn't take a magnifying glass to your statues to examine the heck out of them and doesn't care about rareness or prefers Mix Media, then the answer is probably no.

Bought it from Speculative Fiction http://www.specfictionshop.com/
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #18
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thanks for the review built2shred I'm happy to see such high ratings for this piece I will have mine soon.
dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #19
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Great reviews! I am trimming my collection down to a few good pieces and looks like XM statues will be it!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #20
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks for the review, and glad to see the quality and hope it speaks for the following pieces that they make.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote