Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #121
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Don't need a slimmer body for me, it's just perfect. If it is a CON EX i'm not sure i will be able to put 2k for it as i did for Cable
Shouldn't cost 2k bro, just contact the right people
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #122
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I would like to get this.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #123
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Damn I like the portrait a lot better than the original, maybe I should sell. Hmmm
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #124
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wouldn't. Hold onto it. The statues overall have a different look and vibe. I have the original and will be getting this one.

But, while people are raving about the sculpt, we have seen this before -- sculpt great, paint apps killing a great sculpt. So I'm holding out hope that the painters follow through on their end of things because there have been some signs of improvement. XM needs to find out who is painting SS pieces these days and poach a couple of them to learn the mastery of skin tone and expressive eyes. This piece looks too amazing in 3D render to have it take a bad turn because of her portraits (again).

And don't go on and on about Witchblade and Catwoman being great and I have nothing to be concerned about. Catwoman is not held by the masses yet, and Witchblade still looks dead in the eyes on both portraits. And those were quickly followed up by a BEAT Magdelena and so-so Black Cat. So I am still very reserved until I see the portraits painted up to say this will be the best yet.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #125
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wouldn't. Hold onto it. The statues overall have a different look and vibe.

Plus while people are raving about the sculpt, we have seen this before -- paint apps that kill the piece. So I'm holding out hope that the painters follow through on their end of things. XM needs to find out who is painting SS pieces these days and poach a couple of them to learn the mastery of skin tone and expressive eyes.
Yeah, you're right. I think that's the one area they need the biggest improvement. Dull skin tones/makeup/eyes can really bring down even the most amazing sculpts a few notches. I'd love to see some of XM's human portraits get the same treatment as SS's newest Red Sonja for example. I wish SS had that good paint/quality consistently though, I'd be pissed if I bought the previous Sonja with the lackluster paint.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #126
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
XM has said that it's not a zipper, but instead a "sew line". I mentioned that the piece on the neck makes it look like a zipper -- and either way, a cosmic god does not sew. Tis' beneath their status of molecular manipulator.

So they may tweek it to not look stitched together and just one smooth piece.
LOL. She's a fashionista Goddess. To be honest the sew lines/zipper wouldn't really bother me at all D. The statue at this point looks stellar to me. Most important thing is to nail the portraits.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #127
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I wouldn't. Hold onto it. The statues overall have a different look and vibe. I have the original and will be getting this one.

But, while people are raving about the sculpt, we have seen this before -- sculpt great, paint apps killing a great sculpt. So I'm holding out hope that the painters follow through on their end of things because there have been some signs of improvement. XM needs to find out who is painting SS pieces these days and poach a couple of them to learn the mastery of skin tone and expressive eyes. This piece looks too amazing in 3D render to have it take a bad turn because of her portraits (again).

And don't go on and on about Witchblade and Catwoman being great and I have nothing to be concerned about. Catwoman is not held by the masses yet, and Witchblade still looks dead in the eyes on both portraits. And those were quickly followed up by a BEAT Magdelena and so-so Black Cat. So I am still very reserved until I see the portraits painted up to say this will be the best yet.
Agree 100% with this!!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #128
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't have the original or the SS version, I like the headsculpt on this better than the regular phoenix, will probably look into this.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #129
Demona
Martian Manhunter

LOVE the Fashionista Goddess And I don't the change in design atheistic, I just hope they don't make it look like a zipper/sewn seam.

I can't have two versions of Jean all with lackluster portraits. I just can't. Please sweet baby Jesus in your golden fleece diaper, have the portraits be next level.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #130
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

If the zipper is gone i cancel all my 23 PO from Dark Phoenix.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote