Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

In the darkness, a light glows... the Cloak and Dagger Mini-Busts!

Hi guys,

I have today received the Mini-Busts of Cloak and Dagger (#1,066 of 2,500) and I am deeply impressed by it.
Before I opened the box I thought it was one piece but instead the box contained the separate Mini-Busts of Cloak and Dagger which can thus be displayed either separately or jointly.
I love the way these busts are sculpted and think the paintjob is outstanding. These busts really deliver the goods and they show the powers of and close synergistic harmony in which Cloak and Dagger operate.
In one of the very first comic books I bought I read about Cloak and Dagger and I am so happy that my favourite mutant pair has found its way into my collection! :-bd

I have taken some pics of Cloak and Dagger and will post them shortly. Before I do that however I would like to shout out a big 'THANK YOU!' to Ramon (feel free to click on his name!).
It was a great pleasure seeing you again Ramon and you are an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Thanks a lot; you are da man!

Off we go then to the pics; have fun and enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

Cloak and Dagger

Once, they were two helpless runaways who were experimented on by ruthless criminals. Transformed into an angel of light and a creature of darkness, they became Cloak and Dagger - two heroes vowing to protect the innocent from the forces of evil!

Origin

Tyrone "Ty" Johnson (Cloak) and Tandy Bowen (Dagger) met in New York City as runaways.
Tyrone was a 17-year-old boy from Boston, Massachusetts, with a debilitating stutter. He ran away to New York City when his speech impediment prevented him from stopping his friend from stepping in front of a moving vehicle.
Tandy was a 16-year-old girl from a privileged upbringing (born in Shaker Heights, Ohio) who ran away because her multi-millionaire supermodel mother was too busy with her career and social life to spend time with her daughter. When they met, Tyrone considered stealing Tandy's purse, only to be shamed when she kindly offered him money. A thief stole the purse and Tyrone retrieved it for her.

Afterwards, they had dinner and became fast friends. When the naïve Tandy accepted an offer of shelter from some strange men, a wary Tyrone went along to protect her. The two teens were soon forcibly delivered to a criminal chemist named Simon Marshall, who was developing a new synthetic heroin for Silvermane and the Maggia, testing it on runaway teens with fatal results. Johnson and Bowen somehow survived injections of the drug, and they fled. During their escape, the drug turned them into superpowered beings (it was later retconned that they were both actually mutants, and that the drug had simply awakened their latent abilities).

Tyrone found himself engulfed in darkness and seized by a strange hunger which eased in the presence of Tandy, who was glowing with a brilliant light. Trying to hide his newly shadowy appearance in a makeshift cloak, Tyrone began absorbing Marshall's thugs into his darkness while Tandy struck them down with daggers of light. The two teens dubbed themselves Cloak & Dagger and declared war on drug crime in combating drug-dealers and helping runaway children.
For all the work that Cloak and Dagger have done to help reform addicts and topple dealers, they realize that drug abuse is an evil greater than they can ever hope to conquer.

Later it was revealed that during this time, the demon D'Spayre had been the direct cause of all of these events. He had been manipulating things from behind the scenes the entire time.

Powers and abilities

Cloak
Tyrone acquired D'Spayre's Dark Form, which gave him the ability to create an aperture into the dimension of darkness and to dispatch people into the darkness dimension. He also gained the abilities of intangibility, and the teleportation of himself and others through the dimension of darkness. Cloak feels a constant "hunger" which can only be assuaged by "feeding" either on light projected by Dagger or on light consumed from victims dispatched to the dimension of darkness.

Dagger
Tandy has the ability to create psionic "light daggers" which travel wherever she wills them, and which drain living beings of vitality when struck. Her "light daggers" also have the capacity to cure certain persons of drug addictions, and can alleviate Cloak's hunger for light (which simultaneously allows her to avoid becoming overcharged). Her powers work only on humans.

Cloak and Dagger both have moderate experience at street-fighting, and Dagger's combat techniques utilize her light powers and ballet dance training, as well as her sense of spatial relations.

"Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light?"
- Maurice Freehill

"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light."
- Norman B. Rice

"You will fear the darkness only to the extent that you yourself are not providing light."
- Marianne Williamson

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

In the darkness, a light glows...

Rainer

Old 03-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Very nice! Been thinking about this set for quite some time now...
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
Dark69
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

very cool! i have always loved them.
Dark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thanks for checking out this thread guys!
The Bowen MB of Cloak and Dagger is very cool as well and I do not think you can go wrong with that MB either.
The advantage of the Diamond Select busts is however that Cloak and Dagger are two separate busts which can be displayed anyway you like and the fact that you can see light daggers in Tandy's hand.

Rainer

Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
iceprince_x
Deadman

One of the first bust that I ever bought when I started this hobby years ago. I nearly sold most of my collection but I can't let go of these two. Its truly an awesome piece of work. I just wonder if her white tattoo on her face is glow in the dark,
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Iceprince X,
I love your avatar!
I am pretty amazed by these two busts as well and think they look great together. I must admit that I am not sure if the tattoo on Dagger's face will glow in the dark but I guess it does: according to the decription on the box the Dagger bust contains glow in the dark highlights and clear light daggers.

Rainer