Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-12-2021, 03:04 AM   #31
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
For curiosity, how many people here would buy (or already bought) a trinity, but would not pick up a full set of the original 7? Assuming the statues are good to great, not awful or perfect.
I personally only get full statues of characters I really like. For JL that would be GL, Bats, and Supes. If I ever decide to complete a team I'd rather just get mini-busts of the remaining characters (if that were an option), something that Bowen allowed me to do.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:47 AM   #32
BurgerBob
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They teased him a couple years ago. He looked fantastic IMO. Can’t find that image anywhere though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gotham By Gaslight.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	136241

There was a GBG thread posted 18-20 months ago, but it's no longer here for some reason. I believe this was to be the 2nd statue in the Tweeterhead/Jason Wire Productions collaboration. The conceptual design for 3rd statue had also been approved by Warner Bros. with Jason Wire teasing it was one of the following :

1. Fabok Bats
2. Grim Knight Bats
3. Red Son Bats
4. Batman Beyond
5. Owlman (Quitely)
6. Flashpoint Bats
7. Hellbat Armor Bats

I would love for Chad to prove me wrong, but I suspect GBG [and whatever the 3rd statue was supposed to be] may be just another in the long list of projects he's failed to deliver on. I love Chad's enthusiasm, but at this point I don't get excited about any potential projects until I see them up for pre-order.
BurgerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:00 PM   #33
Mister H
Green Goblin

Yep, that's it. Good find. Man that could've been really good, just from that teaser IMO, would've been the best Gaslight Bats on the market. I also would've taken any one of the ones from that list (which looks very familiar) for the 3rd one.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:00 PM   #34
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

It could also be that the idea was scrapped because DC Comics is in disarray and beyond Chad's control. Someone may have approved it before all the issues they were having but they could have been replaced...by an AT&T person I would assume....that no longer green lit the idea. The fact they are no longer producing their own statues is a big indicator of things there.

Just looking at it from another perspective.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #35
BurgerBob
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yep, that's it. Good find. Man that could've been really good, just from that teaser IMO, would've been the best Gaslight Bats on the market. I also would've taken any one of the ones from that list (which looks very familiar) for the 3rd one.
That's actually your list so I imagine it would look familiar. I agree, based on the teaser alone, this would have been the GBG for me.
BurgerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:15 PM   #36
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerBob View Post
That's actually your list so I imagine it would look familiar.
Ha!...I knew it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #37
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
It could also be that the idea was scrapped because DC Comics is in disarray and beyond Chad's control. Someone may have approved it before all the issues they were having but they could have been replaced...by an AT&T person I would assume....that no longer green lit the idea. The fact they are no longer producing their own statues is a big indicator of things there.

Just looking at it from another perspective.
I can agree with what Jeremy is saying. I think the one thing we sometimes forget about is that DC has the final say about what gets produced and the look of the statue. Now Chad has maybe put the GBG Batman on the back burner because he wanted to concentrate on other statues or maybe he is still waiting for the OK by DC.

Since this is going to be a big year for Tweeterhead maybe GBG Batman is on the list.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:05 PM   #38
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Secret Sanctuary (that’s me) just uploaded a video about this new trinity and Tweeterhead 2.0!
You mentioned you had seen a little - how's the Wonder Woman look? The shadow image is instant buy

What I hope is that the people who are all up in arms about the Super Powers line still get their statues to complete Big 7. Aren't Flash and Aquaman the only missing pieces, seems like an easy enough ask.

What I think people fail to understand is that characters needs to be made in different styles to fund the cost of making the random C-D peeps. The Perez Zatanna is a STRETCH to sell, so she might be back-burnered for a hot minute. I understated that. But I say that I will be soooo sad if we don't get Hawkgirl. I want that statue badly. Hell, I don't even care modern or vintage in style - just give me a mace swinging Hawkgirl!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #39
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You mentioned you had seen a little - how's the Wonder Woman look? The shadow image is instant buy
She’s beautiful, and the base is awesome.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:46 PM   #40
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Excellent news. I like to hope she’s your favorite of the three, but I know you love Supes . I’m sad she will probably be released last.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote