Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-20-2021, 01:56 PM   #11
Mister H
Gen 13

The JLU was decent, pretty good here and there. I think if they approached BTAS with a Brave and the Bold type of system, that would be perfect.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:08 PM   #12
Shoo
Hercules

Anything involving Batman and Timm would be most welcome indeed.

On a totally unrelated note - Josh-a-tron, every time I see your avatar I can't help thinking of Jeremy Irons.

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:27 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Anything involving Batman and Timm would be most welcome indeed.

On a totally unrelated note - Josh-a-tron, every time I see your avatar I can't help thinking of Jeremy Irons.

lol, I always thought Jeremy Irons made a better villain than a good guy. That's why I really didn't want him for Alfred, he'd be such a good Batman Villain.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:13 PM   #14
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
The JLU was decent, pretty good here and there. I think if they approached BTAS with a Brave and the Bold type of system, that would be perfect.
unpopular opinion, but there is such a thing as too much Batman. so i loved how JLU was able to use not just the core members, but branch off into side stories for the sub-tier players as well from time to time.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:12 PM   #15
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
lol, I always thought Jeremy Irons made a better villain than a good guy. That's why I really didn't want him for Alfred, he'd be such a good Batman Villain.
You could tell he enjoyed being the bad guy in that Die Hard movie.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #16
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think they have a lot to live up to if they reboot it. One wrong step and it's going to be torches and pitchforks. And it better be the original animation and suit designs. None of that New Adventures of Batman crap where Catwoman is in all black - give me that grey/black suit.

I'm with the rest who say just do a JL series instead. Don't mess with perfection of BTAS.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #17
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I loved the Brave and the Bold cartoon. Have to say that was my favorite DC cartoon-it was just very fun to watch.

I do think if we would see a new JLU cartoon there would hopefully be no characters off limits, like the old JLU cartoon where the Batman characters were off limits.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:50 PM   #18
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think they have a lot to live up to if they reboot it. One wrong step and it's going to be torches and pitchforks. And it better be the original animation and suit designs. None of that New Adventures of Batman crap where Catwoman is in all black - give me that grey/black suit.

I'm with the rest who say just do a JL series instead. Don't mess with perfection of BTAS.
Oh they definitely do have a lot to live up to, but remember the old series was still being done with hand cel animation on hand painted backgrounds.

That would never be the process today, it's too time consuming and too expensive.

I think the can still start with a black background as they did on the show, but bring in newer tech to make it a smoother and crisper animation.

They have a chance to be reverent to the original while really making something special and new if they do it right.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #19
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Doing the JLU again would be great!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #20
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm telling people - get on the HBO train. They are also going to have Godzilla v Kong.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote