Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-08-2021, 06:06 PM   #771
Dr.Jackal
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
See this is it right here. Not judging you Jackal, as I would pay exuberant prices for statues of my favorite characters as well if they looked this good, but I'm sure there are plenty of people like you that will just bite the bullet and make the purchase, thus justifying to IS that they can continue to charge these prices.

And now honestly since my last post and looking around at other pricing of IS statues, this really should NOT be more than like $179.99 if they were going to push it. This has no right being over $200. After tax & shipping you are going to be paying closer to $300, which is crazy money for 1/10.
Oh I definitely agree, IS know their pieces will sell, despite their high pricing for some of them, cuz there are always takers for those characters. A year ago, I wouldn't have given in to this pricing, but like you said, it's become normal for them to charge these prices for some of their 1/10's. There's barely any outcry over the prices on their social media platforms (because it's become normal) & most of their high priced 1/10's still get sold out. IS is not going to change their approach. So I figure I might as well go for the characters I love rather than hope this pricing will change in the future (cuz it won't, sadly) But I wouldn't be able to get these pieces from the USA, cuz it's too much in shipping & customs. My local retailer sells them for close to the US price, including shipping & customs. So instead of 230 I pay 260, which is acceptable as compared to the 300 if I imported it myself. Any piece with a bigger base or larger elements than usual, IS justifies charging 100 bucks more than the others, it's ridiculous.
Dr.Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #772
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

At least the DC pieces are still more reasonable than the X-Men ones. Emma Frost and Poison Ivy are somewhat comparable, but Ivy is $20 cheaper despite having a more elaborate base. Most X-Men are about $170.

Or the WW84 Cheetah and diorama Deadpool, similar poses but it's $130 for Cheetah versus $200 for Deadpool. For what, a rocket launcher and some extra straps? Must be something to do with the licensing fees, it's just more obvious at this price point/scale.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #773
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

I can't wait for that Clark Kent.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:11 PM   #774
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Man, I've got a lot of patience, but this Iron Studios Martian Manhunter is getting to me. It was in stock for at least a week on their site before they charged me for shipping for my fully paid for by payment plan order that I made the day it went up. Then it just sat there saying "shipping soon" for 2 weeks before I emailed them. They told me:

"Our cargo organization is taking longer than expected because the port administration decided to inspect all the containers (including ours) that arrived therefore delays are expected.
We are doing the best we can so the port administration can release our container before to start the shipping process in the most efficient way."

However, I received a shipped notice that very day even though it was supposedly stuck in inspection.

Then I received it this morning.

Just a huge bummer and now I'm going to have to deal with Customer Service to get a replacement.

98% of the time everything has gone just fine with this hobby for me, but that 2% can really suck. (1st world problems, I know)
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #775
adee
Green Arrow

Sorry MisterJ, that sucks. Hope you can get it resolved quickly.

I got mine today too, fortunately I didn't have any issue.

He looks awesome but I'm kinda bummed because he is to tall for the display space I have set up.

I'm undecided if I will keep him or not because of it.

adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:09 PM   #776
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Sorry MisterJ, that sucks. Hope you can get it resolved quickly.

I got mine today too, fortunately I didn't have any issue.

He looks awesome but I'm kinda bummed because he is to tall for the display space I have set up.

I'm undecided if I will keep him or not because of it.
Thanks, I hope it gets resolved quickly. They wanted tons of pictures of the shipping box, the brown shipper, the art box, the styrofoam and the broken part to start a claim. Seems like overkill and not what any other company would ask for, but whatever.

Other than that, he does look great. He definitely is tall with the base and then the outstretched arm. They probably could have dialed that back a bit. It's too bad if it doesn't fit in your display space. This is probably one of the few or only chances we'll get a Martian Manhunter at this scale.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #777
adee
Green Arrow

I was able to to get him in my display by fabricating a base. I'm happy with it.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:02 PM   #778
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
I was able to to get him in my display by fabricating a base. I'm happy with it.

Great display!

I'm guessing since MM gave you trouble then Hawkgirl won't be joining him.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:35 PM   #779
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Great display!

I'm guessing since MM gave you trouble then Hawkgirl won't be joining him.
Thanks, no I can't get Hawkgirl and I really like her.

This is the top of my besta so I only have around 12 inches.

I knew I was gambling with Manhunter but it worked out ok.

Now I hope Aquaman isn't to tall.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:03 PM   #780
MisterJ

Quote:

Glad it worked out! What a great display!