Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #11
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
It's an event exclusive, which means that it will be sold first during events, and then, for a limited amount on Sideshow. The US is one of the places where you will be able to get it through Sideshow, so it's actually easier to buy these if you are in the US than if you are in Brazil. You only have to wait a little bit. Besides, it will be cheaper for you than it is for us. And all of this this considering that IS is a brazilian company...

Sorry for the little rant. It's just curious to see people saying the US doesn't matter when Brazil has worse conditions to get a statue from a brazilian company...
The only thing we get going for this is that we get it sooner (the exclusives, all the other statues the rest of the world gets sooner than us).

Sorry if this post seems personal to you. It's not. It's just something that I was thinking and I saw it as an opportunity to say it. You also have every right to complain about IS's poor communication.
My post wasn't a stab at Brazil or anything. I know they are a Brazilian company also but they do have a US location for distribution and sales. It would have been nice for them to release the US based information on the same post so those here have information of it's release etc. I get things would release in the originating country/location first as that makes sense but to leave out worldwide details for release/purchase is kinda crappy.

I mean heck at least coming to US Q? 2021 or something of that nature. IS makes a ton of money off US customers along with customers from all over the world I feel it's just fair for them to lay it all on the table with at least a time frame window for release in other regions.

From my standpoint I somewhat saw the post as Juggs was going to be available either via #2 battle diorama (which he wasn't labeled as an EX to this piece on any website like Shadowcat was) or sold by itself only at the Event in Brazil with them not disclosing US order/release information. So my post may have seemed a bit standoffish in my defense.

I did pull the PO trigger on #1 and #3 Sentinel skipping #2 because none of the included characters of #2 were labeled as EX so I went in on my $3,060 PO with the intention of purchasing the extra figures as stand alones from #2. To see the EX information to a single event in Brazil for ordering Juggs as a stand alone just fueled the standoffish nature. lol

If Sideshow is the only stateside company that will have it for sale that kinda sucks as they tend to pad pricing and because of such I have yet to purchase from them as I order elsewhere. If they will be the only US based seller we can expect the pricing to be above the stated USD I'm sure as other retailers for the same statues Sideshow has are generally cheaper then SS.

So far for all the BDS X-men statues I have on order I've gotten them direct through IS US due to receiving promo codes and being able to take a large chunk out of the amounts right off the bat. I just hope shipping doesn't eat up every bit of the discount I have received. LOL
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:40 AM   #12
scgt1
Frackin!

Got confirmation direct from IS on the US PO for Juggs. Looks like Sideshow is it. :-/ and next year is as in depth as I got.

"Juggernaut will be available for pre-order next year through sideshow."

So once 2021 hits sometime in 365 days the PO will go up on Sideshow. LOL
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #13
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Not sure if you are just new to collecting IS pieces or what, but if you have been around for a while collecting their pieces, you would know that ALL of their brazil con pieces eventually come to Sideshow, and yes ONLY Sideshow since that is who their partnership is with in the US to sell their exclusives. You wouldn't have needed to ask IS about this. Their customer service is not great at all. They don't even carry their own con exclusives on their US website, only on Sideshow. You can still find Cable con exclusive on the SS site. That's where they had the Ghost Rider exc., Iron Man, Doomsday, etc. They all show up there. It's usually about 4-5 months after the Brazil con and prices while high aren't' that terrible. These don't sell out and aren't terribly sought after, so when they do show up it's better to wait for a promo code or free shipping to lower the cost a little bit.

Like all good things in life, you just have to wait. It will show up when it does, and if you are subscribed to SS emails, you will get notification that way.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:08 PM   #14
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

With sideshow screwing everyone with massively inflated shipping charges, best bet is to get it with free shipping.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #15
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
With sideshow screwing everyone with massively inflated shipping charges, best bet is to get it with free shipping.
"massively inflated"? Not sure where you get that from. 2 separate IS 1/10 statues I ordered recently, Iron Man Endgame, and Cable, cost $25 fedex from CA to NY. That's pretty standard. Have you shipped anything yourself lately? Shipping costs have gone up tremendously this year. All shipping carriers.

Also, if you order multiple items from Sideshow, they discount shipping. I placed an order for 3 IS 1/10 statues, X-Men Beast, X-Men Wolverine, and Endgame Rescue, and they all shipped together. Cost $29. That's a hell of a deal.

So again I think your a bit offbase unless you are talking international, and then that's pretty common.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #16
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
"massively inflated"? Not sure where you get that from. 2 separate IS 1/10 statues I ordered recently, Iron Man Endgame, and Cable, cost $25 fedex from CA to NY. That's pretty standard. Have you shipped anything yourself lately? Shipping costs have gone up tremendously this year. All shipping carriers.

Also, if you order multiple items from Sideshow, they discount shipping. I placed an order for 3 IS 1/10 statues, X-Men Beast, X-Men Wolverine, and Endgame Rescue, and they all shipped together. Cost $29. That's a hell of a deal.

So again I think your a bit offbase unless you are talking international, and then that's pretty common.
I ship stuff all the time and yes costs have gone up. What they have been screwing people on is the large ones. I got hit 184$ each in shipping (more than 3 times their cost). I went on ups site and put in the dimensions and weight from their address to mine to find out what they paid. Marked it from a business to a resident. Heard the same thing from many others. Guy the other day said on here he was going to get one when they gave $100 off but when he went to check out shipping was over $230 for same statue which was around $80 more than shipping showed him the week before. So no I am not off base but exactly on.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:40 PM   #17
extracomputer.1

I will say though that they do free shipping once in awhile and that makes it a decent deal quite often. I wonder if the extra shipping is what they were looking to pay for the codes that they are doing more of now. There are a couple that I am waiting on free shipping for before I order one. I take the chance that I won’t get one then but that just saves me money then.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #18
Infinite GLORY

Sideshow is the worst place to buy any statues really. They charge me Shipping AND tax, where other sites I can find no tax. the IS site itself I don't get charged tax, so if it's a choice between SS and IS for IS statues, IS it would be for me. Obviously in the case of exclusives where only SS carries them, I have no choice.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:31 AM   #19
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm interested in Jauggernaut but those eBay prices are too much. $500 for a 1/10 statue is steep. Chances that we'll see a well-done 1/6 Jauggernaut statue are low
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:48 AM   #20
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I'm interested in Jauggernaut but those eBay prices are too much. $500 for a 1/10 statue is steep. Chances that we'll see a well-done 1/6 Jauggernaut statue are low
Don't pay eBay prices. Juggie has NOT been released in the US yet (assuming that's where you are). Like mentioned, Sideshow will have him at some point in the future on their site for PO. Unfortunately he is most likely going to be atleast $250, if not more.

But I mean if you are looking for 1/6 Juggie, the Koto Juggie is awesome. I used to have this piece.