Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-10-2022, 11:16 AM   #681
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
They knew full well that they were going to selling 1/5 and 1/4 scale pieces, and that shipping would be more than $25 for some. They were soliciting the 1/4 Joker at the same time as they announced the $25 flat rate. This was a negotiated sales tactic.
To be fair, that's just not true. The $25 flat rate was announced in May of 2021. The 1/4 scale Joker Maquette didn't go up for preorder until April of 2022.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:29 PM   #682
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
To be fair, that's just not true. The $25 flat rate was announced in May of 2021. The 1/4 scale Joker Maquette didn't go up for preorder until April of 2022.
Mea culpa. I forgot they came back afterwards and solicited the Joker in 1/4 that much later.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:43 PM   #683
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Mea culpa. I forgot they came back afterwards and solicited the Joker in 1/4 that much later.
Yeah, $25 for the 1/4 REALLY would've been crazy of them.

I have a feeling they based that $25 cost off of the first statue that would carry it (Superman) and didn't account for the changes in dimensional weight for any other statue.

I remember some insane shipping costs from Sideshow that I just could not believe. I'd even contact them asking if it was a mistake since I'd end up paying more for a 1/3 Prime 1 statue than a 1/2 Prime 1 statue. It had to all be down to one box just exceeding some dimensional weight threshold and causing the shipping rate to jump dramatically. While I balked at the cost, I knew that was the deal - we jump into unknowns when it comes to shipping with some companies. Not with Tweeterhead, though! $25 flat rate and $25 discount for paying in full! Deal!
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #684
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Has anyone contacted them yet? I'm not on social media and would assume that's probably the best bet. They need to come out with a statement. I'm pretty sure we all know what the answer will be, but I don't want to be the sucker that pays and then they correct something (we all know what it's like trying to get a refund out of them).

I'm just glad that Tweeterhead will soon be done with order processing. I've bought their products since their start and, although well-intentioned, they just can't seem to get out of their own way. I knew at the time they were taking a gamble on shipping by offering the flat rate, guess they didn't think it through.

And I understand that they're a small business and all, but at the same time they've held my money for eighteen months so... *shrugs*
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 01:57 PM   #685
wolfius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

i just received an updated invoice for $25 shipping. glad i did not pay it immediately. either they realized their mistake or heard that a storm was brewing. regardless, good on them for fixing it.
wolfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #686
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfius View Post
i just received an updated invoice for $25 shipping. glad i did not pay it immediately. either they realized their mistake or heard that a storm was brewing. regardless, good on them for fixing it.
Good news.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #687
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yep, I got an updated invoice, too. I guess that outrage didn't last long.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:37 PM   #688
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Right on, Tweeterhead. Thanks for making good.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #689
BurningRage
The Maxx

Same
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:56 PM   #690
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Congrats you guys! Though, I still have to wonder if it was a genuine mistake, or if they saw the ---- storm smoldering and decided to make good on their promise before it got out of hand?

Now, I can't wait to see my $100 shipping invoice from Sideshow
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote