Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #21
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No, per Kelvin on FB, the costume is fabric.
Bah.. Not sure how I skipped over this. Now this statue gives me pause. I'm okay with say a cape but the entire costume. I guess i understand with the intricate details in the outfit but does my understanding allow me to spend 1K or use that 1K for something else. I already have the WW Ultimate version locked down but that can be a standalone. Hmmm decisions.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
AllThatExist666
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hopefully they can hide that waist seam a little better when it goes into production
This please it's not on the half scale so it shouldn't be here as well, I hope not
AllThatExist666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #23
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
And I am now out of this line...well, I saved myself some cash. I don't know if I was crazy about the Matrix style bases anyway.
I cant for the LIFE OF ME understand anyone who would want fully sculpted costumes when they can make film accurate one, especially at this size, and why anyone would want sculpted hair. If you have a piece that has as much realistic aspects as possible, it just makes the piece that much more realistic and feel like a shrunk down version instead of a basic sculpt statue. Real cloths or suits and real hair is the next step in to realism. I WOULD BE OUT if WW 1/2 didnt have real hair, there is no reason for her not to or real costume, again, I want realism, not sure what you other customers want, something easy to dust I guess?
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #24
nearmint
Phoenix

Different strokes for different folks. I think the hair on the WW 1/2 scale looks pretty bad, and I certainly don’t want to have to style my statue’s hair. I’m glad you like it as is, but not sure why you find it incomprehensible that someone might think differently than you.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #25
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I cant for the LIFE OF ME understand anyone who would want fully sculpted costumes when they can make film accurate one, especially at this size, and why anyone would want sculpted hair. If you have a piece that has as much realistic aspects as possible, it just makes the piece that much more realistic and feel like a shrunk down version instead of a basic sculpt statue. Real cloths or suits and real hair is the next step in to realism. I WOULD BE OUT if WW 1/2 didnt have real hair, there is no reason for her not to or real costume, again, I want realism, not sure what you other customers want, something easy to dust I guess?
So much passion for clothes and wigs... I can understand that.
But i prefer statues. You know, these things fully sculpted, sculpted by an artist, not by a sewing machine. I hope you can understand that.
And I would prefer to pay 2K to have a nice conversation with Gal Gadot herself at a sidewalk café on the Butte Montmartre.

Oh dear WWGGoddess can you hear me?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #26
Finisher
Blue Falcon

I always wonder, if another actor plays superman or other heros as wonderwoman in next movie.
What will you do with such expensive and outdated statues then?

I prefer well done "one of a kind" faces.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:14 AM   #27
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
So much passion for clothes and wigs... I can understand that.
But i prefer statues. You know, these things fully sculpted, sculpted by an artist, not by a sewing machine. I hope you can understand that.
And I would prefer to pay 2K to have a nice conversation with Gal Gadot herself at a sidewalk café on the Butte Montmartre.

Oh dear WWGGodness can you hear me?
Everyone can like what they like, I just dont understand it. I am a lifesize collector, so these 1/2 scales that mostly bought for my son are the first pieces I have had to get use to from my lifesize stuff wear every hair in the head is real and punched, eyelashes, punched, real cloths, silicone skin, accrylic eyes and so on.

I would want that attention to detail on anything I get now, even smaller products IF they can do it, and they can, my buddy Bobby Causey does it all the time, and his 1/3 statues look as real as the full size..........wouldnt you as a collector and fan of the charactor want that? Im not saying you cant like what you like, im just trying to understand it.

I go for realism every time, but maybe some dont want that, maybe they want..........what has always been. There hasnt been any WW1//2 released except for one guy who took some phone pictures and the hair does look bad, but if he has to spend 2 minutes to fix it and make it look great, whats wrong with that.

So much time goes into making these faces as accurate as possible, and some collectors would rather a sculpted joker suit instead of real socks, coat, gloves , etc..........Im sorry lets just agree to disagree and everyone can go on liking what they like. Theres no wrong or right, there is just preferences, ........I was looking for explanations guys, not to insult, legit questions and understanding on how and why you feel that way. cheers
Old 01-16-2018, 01:18 AM   #28
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
I always wonder, if another actor plays superman or other heros as wonderwoman in next movie.
What will you do with such expensive and outdated statues then?

I prefer well done "one of a kind" faces.
I think you would keep them with pride and love looking at them everyday. If you have a great christopher reeve statue, would you get rid of that because he is not the current superman? I dont think so, I think there is room for them all, they all bring something to the character and I think thats awesome.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #29
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Was going to get this until I found out the suit was fabric. The cape would have been fine but no interest now.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #30
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Now that a couple of you have mentioned it, I can't UNSEE that stupid waist line in the fabric costume. I'm going to have to watch the movie again to see how bad the discrepancy is. I needed a reason not to buy this anyhow, so that may be it although the pose was from a scene in the movie that I absolutely loved.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote