Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #61
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
It's obviously cartoon-inspired, or Transformers Devastation-inspired, which means less detail. And at the scale and price point they want it at, it's not going to look as "nice" as the larger, more detailed statues.
People have been crying out for more G1 style stuff so i think it's the right decision for PCS.

Persoanlly i think the XM/IA versions look awful, IA got Soundwave right but they have just completely changed the style and it looks awful.

I think Prime 1 got that cool more detailed/IDW look right but unfortunately apart from Prime and Megs in both G1 and Beast Wars i doubt they are going to expand upon the lines.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #62
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think this is a good line for PCS and it adds variety among current TF offerings. I for one think IA's line is fine and the art direction didn't really change. Now XM's line is very stylized (not to my personal liking) and crazy expensive for NA customers. Honestly IA Hero's of Cybertron Line is where it's at. Smaller, detailed and much more affordable. Prime 1 did a great job on their G1 inspired line. Their issue was simply cost. They were at least $200 overpriced and that from someone that really doesn't complain about price much. If PCS can deliver on what they are doing and release them in a timely manner. I personally think they will have a hit on their hands .
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #63
KELPIE
New Republic

Do we think there will be a full reveal in this weeks newsletter?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #64
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If this is going to be cartoon inspired then it's an easy pass for me i need my statues to be as detailed and intricate as possible. for me to psychologically justify the price and long wait time before release they have to look as stunning as possible.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #65
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
If this is going to be cartoon inspired then it's an easy pass for me i need my statues to be as detailed and intricate as possible. for me to psychologically justify the price and long wait time before release they have to look as stunning as possible.
They said the goal was to keep it 12 inches tall and under $150. Not a bank breaker at all.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:29 AM   #66
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Plenty of others doing that style, makes sense for PCS to go somewhere different.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #67
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #68
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Nice!
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:23 PM   #69
craigcliff1
Zot

I got right running pose.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #70
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

Oh my goodness....... NOW THIS IS OPTIMUS PRIME. Not movie prime, not this or that , this is ORIGINAL. This is truly incredible , one of the best statues I have seen in a REALLY LONG TIME, Ingenious! The pose, the paint job, the whole ordeal. Let’s make this a 1:3 scale,Bravo PCS. This is what you call THINKING AHEAD! Mind blowing.
Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote