Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue BDL Diamond Select Black Panther Statue DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2019, 01:56 AM   #91
The Dark Knight
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
This just gets better and better.

Toss out a few classical playwrights and a novelist or two, none of which have ever said anything about different art forms and say if it doesn't meet that standard it isn't art. Because you know, there were no artistic movements past 1890.

Why not just toss out Goethe and Wilde and say, "HA! You can't do that."

I'm sure you can look at a Seurat and say "pfft, just a bunch of dots."
Return of the experts...lol

So you read them all huh ? but i don't think so, Realist writters talk about romantism. So they talk about different art movements of their time. They don't have to axacly say this is this, you get a perspective after you read those art works.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:57 AM   #92
MrYac
Phoenix
 
MrYac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

I'm sure you can look at a Seurat and say "pfft, just a bunch of dots."
well that ones kind of true
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:00 AM   #93
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
well that ones kind of true
You're Killin me smalls 😁
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:03 AM   #94
The Dark Knight
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You're Killin me smalls 😁
OK funny guy, tell me why is super hero comics is art ? give me reasons...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:04 AM   #95
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Return of the experts...lol

So you read them all huh ? but i don't think so, Realist writters talk about romantism. So they talk about different art movements of their time. They don't have to axacly say this is this, you get a perspective after you read those art works.
Call me an expert all you want. I have more years studying art than you've probably been alive.

I've never encountered anyone with an art background that is dismissive of other art genre's and movements as you are. It's as though you closed to all the types of art in the world except those you deem true.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:07 AM   #96
The Dark Knight
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Call me an expert all you want. I have more years studying art than you've probably been alive.

I've never encountered anyone with an art background that is dismissive of other art genre's and movements as you are. It's as though you closed to all the types of art in the world except those you deem true.
You can't give me any reasons... lol All you say is you are close to art or whatever lol what art ? super hero comics is not art, forget about everything, art can never be stupid... so super hero comics is not art. I give you reasons but you got nothing to defend super hero comics.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:14 AM   #97
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
OK funny guy, tell me why is super hero comics is art ? give me reasons...
Why are comics art?

A. The follow the principles of the illustrative art form. The ability to tell a story with drawn or painted art.
B. They include base artistic skills of line, contour and shadow.
C. They also include base principles of literature; plot and setting, theme and mood, characters and archetypes.
D. It's also one of the more versatile forms of art, over the years it's included Graphic Design into it's base constructs of the paneled page and like it's cousin "Prose" can have varying lengths and story types. It can also cross Literary genre's, as much as they are Superheroes they can also have abase in Horror, Comedy, Tragedy, Drama and Romance.
E. They can be used not only to tell a story with theme and plot but also evoke an emotional response from the reader.


The fact that you dismiss them is honestly one of the most surprising things to me...since you're a "student of art"
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:19 AM   #98
The Dark Knight
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Why are comics art?

A. The follow the principles of the illustrative art form. The ability to tell a story with drawn or painted art.
B. They include base artistic skills of line, contour and shadow.
C. They also include base principles of literature; plot and setting, theme and mood, characters and archetypes.
D. It's also one of the more versatile forms of art, over the years it's included Graphic Design into it's base constructs of the paneled page and like it's cousin "Prose" can have varying lengths and story types. It can also cross Literary genre's, as much as they are Superheroes they can also have abase in Horror, Comedy, Tragedy, Drama and Romance.
E. They can be used not only to tell a story with theme and plot but also evoke an emotional response from the reader.


The fact that you dismiss them is honestly one of the most surprising things to me...since you're a "student of art"
Anyone can draw a perspective with figures with shadows and so is not artist, as it's not art. It was art back at renesance, it was ground breaking back then. That's a relic of past now. Every era has their own art requirements. That why they use dots lol to break out of standard figures with shadows in perspective, and that's art, to breaking the rules. Comics art is worthless.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:23 AM   #99
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor
SculptorModerator
 
Josh-a-tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Anyone can draw a perspective with figures with shadows and so is not artist, as it's not art. It was art back at renesance, it was ground breaking back then. That's a relic of past now. Every era has their own art requirements. That why they use dots lol to break out of standard figures with shadows in perspective, and that's art, to breaking the rules. Comics art is worthless.
Lol you just dismissed the entire Neoclassical art period as a rehash of the Renaissance.

And no, not everyone can draw well but yes everyone can create art. That's the point I've been trying to drill into you.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:28 AM   #100
The Dark Knight
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Lol you just dismissed the entire Neoclassical art period as a rehash of the Renaissance.

And no, not everyone can draw well but yes everyone can create art. That's the point I've been trying to drill into you.
Neo classical is not art, it's people lost their way. Repeating reneance or any art period, movement of past is a mistake. Anyone can't do art, art require a great genious.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com