Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2023, 10:27 AM   #1
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hulk Avengers Assemble 1/5 scale....HELP

Good morning all,

I could use a little help/suggestion......

I am currently working on my Avengers line and at the moment I have a modest sized man-cave/office and is has a mix of Detolfs (That I put larger pieces on the very top of them) and some narrower sized 1/4 scale go inside and have other shelving int he room that also accommodate 1/4 scale items.

I currently have:

1--The newer Captain American PF with the Ultron arm/head.
2--The repainted (light up) Iron Man Mark 43 on rock base PF
3--The Captin Marvel floating (with switch out Mohawk short heaired portrait)
4--The most recent Scarlet Witch
5--1/5 scale Wasp from the Avengers Assemble line
6--Black Widow (Older PF) with white leather suit with larger rifle in right hand and pistol in left

My question and need for help is.......

I am looking at Hulks now.....and the more I see Hulk 1/4 scale PFs the more I see just home much real-estate he takes up and also realize just how "wide" his depth can be on most sculpts.

So.......

I was looking into the Avengers Assemble Hulk and I think the footprint may be exactly what I am looking for. It seems that this piece is just the right height to be impressive in the background behind the main team and is the right pose that it makes him appear both massive and narrow in terms of height in the general sense. I much prefer the Jack Kirby inspired portrait so would really only pursue the collector edition.

So what do you think...? I realize this version is a 1/5th scale but I do feel that it kind of can pass for a 1/4 in some ways. Do you think that getting this version will work with the above listed team that I currently have....??

Oh, and Side note.....I have the XM Hawkeye on the way as I was able to land one.

I would very much appreciate your feedback and thoughts before pulling the trigger on shopping for one.

Thanks in advance all.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:58 AM   #2
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I wouldn't mix scales like that. It's noticeable.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:47 AM   #3
Onewiththeforce

thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
I wouldn't mix scales like that. It's noticeable.
thank you so much for that feedback. I appreciate that. Which 1/4 scale Hulk would you recommend then looking good with those statues that I mentioned I already heave that will also work with limited space from SS?
Old 02-21-2023, 02:05 PM   #4
Hannibal10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
thank you so much for that feedback. I appreciate that. Which 1/4 scale Hulk would you recommend then looking good with those statues that I mentioned I already heave that will also work with limited space from SS?
Sideshow had a hunched over Hulk Premium Format a few years back, but that's very deep. They also had the Hulk Maquette from the first Averangers film which is standing fully upright. Since you have a movie Iron Man piece, having a movie Hulk piece could also be fine.

The original Gladiator Hulk/King Hulk PF is also standing upright and isn't too deep. Same with the original XM Hulk.

Or you can wait to see if SS releases a new Hulk PF soon.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:04 PM   #5
Onewiththeforce

Banner vs. Banner.....

Quote:
Sideshow had a hunched over Hulk Premium Format a few years back, but that's very deep. They also had the Hulk Maquette from the first Averangers film which is standing fully upright. Since you have a movie Iron Man piece, having a movie Hulk piece could also be fine.

The original Gladiator Hulk/King Hulk PF is also standing upright and isn't too deep. Same with the original XM Hulk.

Or you can wait to see if SS releases a new Hulk PF soon.
Thank you so very much for your help and suggestions as well.

I was looking at the two recent Ruffalo Banner ones........I have to admit, I really don't care for the lighter shaded colored one....I believe that one is the maquette (which I believe translates to mo' money! LOL!). But I do prefer the darker one with the purple pants moreso that the other. If I had to choose between the two, it would be the purple pants one that comes with the "Hulk" display plaque.

The footprint on that one seems to be potentially appropriate.

I just love the raging pose of that Avengers Assemble statue.

Is the size difference really substantial between a 1/4 scale Banner/Ruffalo Hulk up against the 1/5th Avengers assemble version...?
Old 02-21-2023, 11:27 PM   #6
Hannibal10

Quote:
Thank you so very much for your help and suggestions as well.

I was looking at the two recent Ruffalo Banner ones........I have to admit, I really don't care for the lighter shaded colored one....I believe that one is the maquette (which I believe translates to mo' money! LOL!). But I do prefer the darker one with the purple pants moreso that the other. If I had to choose between the two, it would be the purple pants one that comes with the "Hulk" display plaque.

The footprint on that one seems to be potentially appropriate.

I just love the raging pose of that Avengers Assemble statue.

Is the size difference really substantial between a 1/4 scale Banner/Ruffalo Hulk up against the 1/5th Avengers assemble version...?
Well that Hulk is 23" with his hands in the air. XM Hulk transformation 27" with a similar pose.

If Hulk is 8ft, a 1/5 scale is 19.2" tall. A 1/4 scale is 24" tall. 4" is a pretty substantial difference imo. Especially when you need the largest Avenger to be the largest - not the same size. It works for Wasp because she can be tinier.

There's also the SS Hulk comiquette which is also 1/5 scale. It's the original one. That one seems a bit larger than their Avengers Assemble. But still - I don't mix scales.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:18 AM   #7
Onewiththeforce

mixing scales.....

Quote:
Well that Hulk is 23" with his hands in the air. XM Hulk transformation 27" with a similar pose.

If Hulk is 8ft, a 1/5 scale is 19.2" tall. A 1/4 scale is 24" tall. 4" is a pretty substantial difference imo. Especially when you need the largest Avenger to be the largest - not the same size. It works for Wasp because she can be tinier.

There's also the SS Hulk comiquette which is also 1/5 scale. It's the original one. That one seems a bit larger than their Avengers Assemble. But still - I don't mix scales.
The more this topic goes on the more interesting it becomes.

Thank you, by the way for chiming in and providing support and feedback. This is extremely helpful. Yes, I agree that the largest Avenger in this line up should be, in fact....larger than the rest. For sure.

What is interesting is that I find that some peeps seem to be very strict about not mixing their scales but then come across some situations where they are willing to bend a bit here and there, for example I do have a friend who collects X-Men like myself and he chose to purchase and display his XM 1/4 scale Mystique with his current SS line. As I look at his display, it is clear that the XM Mystique is larger in proportion that that of the SS 1/4 scale figures she is next to. His response was that he just likes the XM version better and therefore that makes him ok with the size difference.

I suppose my current Black Widow (with the white faux leather suit) also seems to fit well up against the other pieces because she is fairly petite but I am not 100% sure that she is a 1/4 scale. Is she? Not too sure.

I wonder if putting the 1/5th scale Hulk on a 5 inch riser in the back of the team would work.?

That XM Transformation Hulk is stunning. But out of my price range unfortunately.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:18 AM   #8
nearmint
Phoenix

I like the Sideshow Comiquette (the Ruffalo piece from the first Avengers movie). One of the first 1/4 scale pieces that I purchased. Still have it, and will only part with it in the near future because I have the LBS Hulk on order.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:34 AM   #9
Onewiththeforce

darker one with purple pants..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I like the Sideshow Comiquette (the Ruffalo piece from the first Avengers movie). One of the first 1/4 scale pieces that I purchased. Still have it, and will only part with it in the near future because I have the LBS Hulk on order.
Is this the darker shaded one with the purple pants.? If so, I think I prefer that oner the lighter toned one.

But at the end of the day, the "Hulk Smash" pose that is on that Avengers Assemble piece is a really nice action pose.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:46 AM   #10
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Is this the darker shaded one with the purple pants.? If so, I think I prefer that oner the lighter toned one.

But at the end of the day, the "Hulk Smash" pose that is on that Avengers Assemble piece is a really nice action pose.
No, it's the lighter one with the gray pants.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote