Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #531
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thanks! The matte for Invisible Man was easy. The frame was tough. It is "orangey" in the frame. I wanted the frame to have some orange in it. I was also looking for something that complimented the lines on the print and thought the frame with lines and waves was a good fit.

It takes me (and the staff of two) about 20 frames choices before I find something I like. The mattes, oh man, the table is a complete mess of them. Some prints are easy to matte, others are agony.

The colors of the mattes are not coming out very true in my pictures. Frankenstein was brutal, absolutely brutal to find mattes that go with the print.

I forgot where these prints came from, the colors they use are so unusual. You would think a Frankenstein print would be more green/grey. The orange used for the Invisible man was strange to me as well. I would have thought that print would be more sepia toned. I know that all my "frame jobs" are different, but I wanted them to match the print. So each one of my posters will have a different frame if possible. (I screwed up that "law" though, since I think my Creature From the Black Lagoon and Aliens Queen both have the same "leathery" type of frame. Perils of not having framed at the same time, I guess.")

I have a QFS Predator, and two Pumpkinhead prints, as well as the GITD Bottleneck prints (both versions) being framed now.

I still have to pay off the Dracula, Wolfman and Wizard (Bashki) prints.

Maybe someone can give me advice? The Frankenstein print was extremely difficult to matte. Each corner of that print had a different primary color. So while one matte would look ok, if you moved it to the mostly red corner it didn't look so good, etc. How do you tackle that?

The Universal Monsters prints I have all seemed to have that issue, Creature From The Black Lagoon, was another that proved to be difficult.

The other problem was when I went to frame/matte the GITD Bottleneck prints of the Alien. The art went right up to the prints edge? I had to hide some of the art to get it matted. I didn't know what else to do. I had the framers cover up as little as possible of the art. I also didn't find much when it came to pictures of all these prints I mentioned above. I know the Aliens only just came out, but for the Universal Monsters one, it's hard to Google image search framed prints.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #532
ONEYE

This print hasn't arrived yet, but I know how I want it framed/matted already.

These are being framed now:

Daytime view.

Nighttime (Glow In The Dark - GITD) view.

I have two of the one above. Same Daytime view on both. They will be in different location when displayed. The frames and mattes are opposite of each other for these two.

GITD view.

GITD view.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #533
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Looking forward to seeing the Predator framed up. Just got mine this week and like it quite a bit.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #534
ONEYE

The Predator print is very green. The border color is unusual. It took about 30 minutes to figure out the matte and frame. It'll be a couple weeks since everything had to be special ordered. I hope it looks good when done.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #535
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
*sigh* well at least its a good looking piece for the uniniated. I've been on the hunt for one for quite some time. You'll miss the whole point of the prints gid feature by not seeing the show. The GoT and the bttf prints have nothing on it. Also if you are gonna watch the show let me warn you that season 4/5 take the series pretty downhill in terms of writing and plot but still worth watching the show, especially its first 3 amazing seasons. Especially considering you have a print of it
dude. i am burning through Fringe. how the hell did i never watch this show? totally down my alley. its like LOST without the island. I'm averaging about 3-5 episodes a night, thank you Netflix, iPad, and headphones. I'm almost done with season 2, really looking forward to the Plateau episodes in 3 so i can see what the print is all about. i would assume it has to do with the alternate dimension stuff? I've been trying to get one of the "variants" (g1988 bad robot) but i keep getting outbid by $2 at the last second. haven't "actively" pursued it, but, maybe after i watch the tulip episode it'll jump on my ISO list. theres a bunch of them out there.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #536
Atheris
The Maxx

Just got this back from the framers.

Signed by Dale keown.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #537
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member