Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #1341
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The GG face likeness isn't off not just due to the paint, but also to the shape. The GG BD head is too elongated. Look how long her face is from the eyes to the bottom of her chin. It's like they added an extension.

For the record, I am not bashing the GG statue. In fact, the Baby Doll from SS would not fit in with the rest of the GG girls due to its exaggerated action pose (which I like better). This was GG first Sucker Punch girl and they did a solid job on her, just not great!

And like I said before, BD GG paints are just flat all over. Very nice and neatly done, just flat!

Just for the record, I don't either, nor will I ever!

Grats on the statue and thanks for the pics. Your pics are always immaculate.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #1342
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The GG face likeness isn't off not just due to the paint, but also to the shape. The GG BD head is too elongated. Look how long her face is from the eyes to the bottom of her chin. It's like they added an extension.

For the record, I am not bashing the GG statue. In fact, the Baby Doll from SS would not fit in with the rest of the GG girls due to its exaggerated action pose (which I like better). This was GG first Sucker Punch girl and they did a solid job on her, just not great!

And like I said before, BD GG paints are just flat all over. Very nice and neatly done, just flat!

Just for the record, I don't either, nor will I ever!

Grats on the statue and thanks for the pics. Your pics are always immaculate.
Totally agreed!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #1343
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Let's take another look:

You do know they these are digital sculpts made from digital scans of the actors, right? I can take the actual photo of Emily, and overlay it right on to the GG sculpt, and everything from where her eyes fall, to the tip of her nose, to the bottom tip of her chin, to the top of her head, will fall right into place.. Exactly. Saying this sculpt isn't more accurate than the Sideshow piece is ridiculous, lol! You couldn't get a more accurate sculpt.. what you can do is get better paint. Like I said, this was one of GG's first forays into the 1:4 scale line. As the line progressed, the piece got better and better. The sculpt is a bit too smooth and flat, probably because they didn't do enough hand finishing after the original sculpt was printed. It came out too smooth, and not enough detail in the paint. But structurally, the GG is as about as accurate as you can get.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #1344
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

tbh , they look like 2 diff persons, i have to agree with most that SS face is much better, but its still a beautiful statue, but at the moment ,i think if i was to choose between the 2 had they been the original retail price and not inflated due to low ES, i would maybe go with the SS one, but apart from the face, looks like GG scores everywhere else
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #1345
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Of course they look like 2 different persons. If your face looked like it had been painted by robots with only 3 colors to choose from, you wouldn't look the same either, lol. Yeah, the face on the SS 'looks' far better, I'm in total agreement.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #1346
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

With a little more eye shadow and minor reduction of nose and the GG one would be fine to me.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #1347
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

maybe they could have done better on they eyes
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #1348
ComputerFly
The Phantom

The eyes and the mouth... those are the 2 that kill it. It needs a lot more eye lash/shadow, and the lips are just flat out piss poor painted. A single glob of one color, with no attempt to detail it. Next she needs some blush, and then lighten the hair color, and she'd be just about perfect. It's a shame too, because they KILLED the other 4 (rocket's face paint.. not so much, but not as bad). Just incredible. I would take a complete loss on this piece if GG would redo it, make her shorter than the other girls, and paint her face correctly.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #1349
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Hell, she looks a lot better with a 2 minute paint up in PS. I can only imagine what a pro painter could do:

Old 03-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #1350
federico
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So do you believe a computer can take a 2D picture of a human face and transcribe into a 3D statue doing a realistically great job? or at least a decent job? please, at least consider the 3D scanning system first
federico is offline   Reply With Quote