Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #761
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Yeah the picture is horrible, but even with a horrible picture everything looks out of proportion and out of whack as far as positioning of the head, the arms, the stance I mean just look at it and tell me that doesn't concern you if you dropped 2k+ on this statue and have $400 in Non-refundable deposit held by sideshow for the last 2 years. That's $400 per person they've been holding and probably making a profit off you in investments and interest and then they bait and switch you with this crap.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #762
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Hmm production version?.

from what was previewed:
Are there two masks for LSF? The masks are different. Even if they are, I would be worried if I spent $2K on this.

Never mind, just checked SS site and there are two masks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #763
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:

Do you guys not see the extreme difference as far as horizon line/eye level on each of these photos?
Also one is an extreme (and distorted) close up and the other is taken from some distance back.
Add to all that, the fabric (which makes up most of the visible real estate here) hasn't been adjusted for optimum display and it's not hard to understand the picture makes the figure look off.

seriously- even if this were a production piece, there's nothing to gauge here...unless the future owners of this intend to display it in as sloppy and half-azzed a way as possible.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #764
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Yeah the picture is horrible, but even with a horrible picture everything looks out of proportion and out of whack as far as positioning of the head, the arms, the stance I mean just look at it and tell me that doesn't concern you if you dropped 2k+ on this statue and have $400 in Non-refundable deposit held by sideshow for the last 2 years. That's $400 per person they've been holding and probably making a profit off you in investments and interest and then they bait and switch you with this crap.
When I said the picture is horrible, is not only the quality of the picture that is horrible, it's also the angle, the luminosity and how the statue is exposed (the hood is positioned incorrectly, the dress also ... etc). Here nothing is done to give the urge to buy.

And please, I have nothing to do with your indignation, I'm not Sideshow, and i don't buy this LSF. Contact them!
Thus i'm not here in order to defend this achievement or Sideshow, i just want to give my opinion on this horrible picture.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #765
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Everyone panicking over a horrible photo?!?!

No! Never on StatueForum
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #766
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

noone who preordered this should complain at all with the finished product (when it comes out). you and only you decided to drop 2k and 400 nonrefundable on a statue that you could wait on because of the fact that it doesnt have an ES.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #767
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
noone who preordered this should complain at all with the finished product (when it comes out). you and only you decided to drop 2k and 400 nonrefundable on a statue that you could wait on because of the fact that it doesnt have an ES.
We have a winner.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #768
andry
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Here's my take on this.

I think the intender of this photo has in possession the real Doom LSF costume from SS and purposely put it on a mannequin trying to have everyone believes THIS IS the final product.

If you look at the costume finishing, it resembles SS's way of downgrading the material of the finished product as compared to the proto. Look at the belt...this is very typical SS and Im very sure this final product has the same inferior quality belts as the photo shows. As for the limbs, the originator of the photo may have attached all dissemble parts of the production piece and intelligently (maybe glued them) onto a limbless mannequin.

So my conclusion to this is that the image is 50% real (costume and some assemble parts) and 50% fake (the mannequin). If this is true, Im sure there will be backlash on the inferior material used on this from tons of collectors who have bought this statue.
andry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #769
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Oh my.

LOL
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #770
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Terrible.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote