Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #51
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetThyReaper View Post
Yeah...that was my thinking, too.

My key issue is that I talk to my girlfriend all the time about how valuable my collection is. She's still not interested, but sees how much I spend on it. Let's be honest though....there's a thin line between love and hate. At the point of divorce, it just seems like the other person goes out of their way to hurt you. In my case, that'd be dilliberately breaking up the collection.

Her folks are divorced and her dad is getting screwed over by her mom right now. Her dad bought a slick new car for my girlfriend, but it's in his name. Her mom wants the car as a cushy kick-back, apparently as stipulated in the divorce settlement and doesn't care less about my girlfriend. It's terrible how these divorces end up hurting not just the spouses, but the kids, too.

Considering this, I'm left to wonder if my girlfriend would be capable of being like her mom. She tells me all the time that she hates her and is nothing like her, but it still lingers in the back of my mind. She does have a temper, but what woman doesn't (am I right, fellas?) LOL
Not all women have tempers but divorce has a way of bringing out the worst and I've seen mild mannered woman become evil incarnate and its true "HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED". It takes a special woman not to become like her mom but in my experience kids don't fall too far from the tree and you can gauge how your wife will be based on the her mom.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #52
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Just stock up on Black Bag Death of Superman Comics like i did (10 boxes of them) and you wont have to worry about anything!!!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote