Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-25-2007, 02:54 AM   #11
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ditto after Diablo 2 I didn't want to get into anything. And I don't want to try this either. It just seems like overkill, especially if you start out now, everyone is super high, regardless of where ppl start out, it's just like starting a race and everyone's halfway done with it and you're at the start.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:44 AM   #12
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Well, if I get back on, I'm:

Tyranus
57 Warrior
Hellscream server
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #13
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

I play Guild Wars only for the fact I'm against paying montly fees to play a game.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #14
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
I play Guild Wars only for the fact I'm against paying montly fees to play a game.
Yeah.. heaven forbid you support the company that puts up the servers and allows you to play the game... Releasing new content without charging you... and pretty much making the whole experience so much better...

Seriously... I tried Guild Wars... played it for like 2 days and then tossed it aside... World of Warcraft is so much more fun... so what if you have to pay 16.31 (Monthly Fee + Tax) a month to play it... Sure some of that money goes into the coffers of the company... but alot of it goes back into the Game making it a much richer experience...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #15
Ghost

Nope, but somehow Sony, Nintendo, and Sega back in the day found it easy to provide free online content?
Even then Xbox Live, $50 a year covers everything a company can possibly give.
Monthly fees for a game that is made to be played online is a joke!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Nope, but somehow Sony, Nintendo, and Sega back in the day found it easy to provide free online content?
Even then Xbox Live, $50 a year covers everything a company can possibly give.
Monthly fees for a game that is made to be played online is a joke!
I just have to disagree... I think that monthly fees provide better customer service and more content...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
Ghost

Fair enough, but you can see where I'm going with it as well as why many other ppl would hesitate to make that jump.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #18
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Fair enough, but you can see where I'm going with it as well as why many other ppl would hesitate to make that jump.
I can understand why other ppl would be hesitant... but I have found when you pay for the service... you have less hacks, less cheating, and a more pleasurable experience... I bought Battlefield 2142... and was loving the hell out of it.. until I found that there was a hack for it... I experienced the hack and it really really destroyed the game for me... because if an idiot like me could use this hack... and go from a Sloth to a God... then how many other people in the game are using it... Same thing for Diablo 2 back in the day... I have not found any hacks or the sort in World of Warcraft... so I am more than happy to pay for that...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #19
Ghost

But I don't think they can always stop all hacks. It seems like an ongoing battle with hackers and the development team you know? Even then, like on Xbox Live, you get patches more often now to prevent such glitches and hacks to show up you know? Sure it's not as responsive as you say WoW is, but it's something more then having nothing at all like back in the day when you said Diablo 2.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #20
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
But I don't think they can always stop all hacks. It seems like an ongoing battle with hackers and the development team you know? Even then, like on Xbox Live, you get patches more often now to prevent such glitches and hacks to show up you know? Sure it's not as responsive as you say WoW is, but it's something more then having nothing at all like back in the day when you said Diablo 2.
You just made my point for me... You get patches on Xbox live.. but it is not as often as in WoW... You get it more frequently because you are paying for WoW... Which gives you a better experience...

It might just be me... but I am in the mindset... if it is Free... there are hacks... if it is something I have to pay for... it is more secure... and there is a lot less 'cheating'... I have seen some cheating in WoW... and I have reported it... Talk to a GM within 10 minutes... and the problem was taken care of... Just a better experience to me than going online and playing Guild Wars or another 'free' game...

Edit: I dont think that you are ever going to stop hackers or hacks... There are people out there always trying to get an advantage... I agree with you there...