Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #21
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
wii is wack!
Someone outta wack you with a Wii! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I disagree on the price drop. They already are taking a loss atthis cost so it is unlikely they will drop the price. If a PS sits in a Best Buy, Sonu does not care as it already sold the unit. As for availability, here in NJ/NYC it is still nowhere to be seen. On the other hand I stumbled onto some Wiis yesterday.
I agree with UD. The actual cost of this piece of hardware is well above what they're selling it for, and for that, it's pretty commendable. PPl are just not ready for that kind of commitment yet until there's a more solid library out. But even with the 360 when it had a so so starting line up, it did pretty well when it came out. But there was always some systems sitting there after the initial launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
mine is basically going to be used as a BD player. i picked up Marvel Alliance recently though!
Ditto, I don't think I'm gonna wait around for these studios to convert to HD anytime soon and I'm dying to get some HiDef flicks already so the PS3 will be the choice player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
I disagree... the guys at Gamestop tell me that they cannot even move them.. of course... The store is 2 miles from Microsoft and Nintendo.. so maybe it is just Bellevue, Wa where they are a plenty... The Best Buy had a pallet full of PS3 60 gig units... and not a one was missing... In Japan retail stores are offering 20 percent discounts on the 20 Gig unit trying to move them...

And your right.. Sony does not care right now... but wait until the stores restock once they sell.. they wont be ordering as many as before because they just sit there... But the situation from my perspective... does not look good for Sony right now...
They can discount because they receive discounts as well sometimes don't they? They'll still be selling them for what they paid for and end up even in the end. But yeah my buddy is up in Seattle and it's pretty heavy Nintendo country as well as Xbox now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCracker View Post
The ps3 is only slightly better of whats out now, IMO hold onto your cash...your not missing out on anything.
I'm happy with the 360....just picked up the wii Sunday morning and happy with that too, its surprisingly fun and different.....just wish they had a bigger selection of new games worthy of play.
You should definitely pick up WarioWare Smooth Moves. And check out Elebits and Trauma Center. There's many fun games out. And more coming out within the coming months.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #22
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I can't believe how bad Nintendo is smashing PS3. I love it. Sony really screwed the pooch big time. Not only with the system but blu ray isn't looking too good either.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #23
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
wii is wack!
I for one would rather use a controller and be able to SIT and play games. If I wanted to go and actually play baseball, I would go outside and do so.
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #24
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
I for one would rather use a controller and be able to SIT and play games. If I wanted to go and actually play baseball, I would go outside and do so.
that's why I never bought one

but I'm tempted to just to play super mario 3
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #25
CaptCracker
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Baseball on wii is more fun than going out and playing baseball by yourself
CaptCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
wii is wack!
I agree. I don't like the concept at all. I play video games to relax not to get a flipp'n workout.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #27
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00 View Post
that's why I never bought one

but I'm tempted to just to play super mario 3
See that's the problem with ppl. They only see WiiSports with ppl standing and they get all lazy about it. Thinking that's all the Wii is about. I don't think I know of any other game other then WiiSports that has you standing. Other then bowling itself, I've played WiiSports sitting on my chair or laying on my couch.
Zelda and many others do not require you to stand. Ppl need to get that out of their heads first.
Still the really fun games do have you doing crazy stuff, but that is of course if you want to have fun
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #28
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
You're preaching to the wrong group, Primal! No matter what these guys won't be into the Wii, which is kewl, cause the Nintendo is doing fine regardless!
You're right...Who needs 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I agree. I don't like the concept at all. I play video games to relax not to get a flipp'n workout.
Funny. I dont remember breaking a sweat laying back on my couch playing Zelda.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #29
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I don't regret buying a PS3 when I sold it for $900.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #30
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

buy an xbox already! you won't be sorry!
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote