Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 02-15-2024, 12:41 PM   #421
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

They just posted updated pictures of her on Facebook. Looks just as bad as before. I think their Morrigan Lilith was an acquired taste and liked it as is, but this statue I just cannot stand. Looks like an alien impersonating Cammy and the base is just absurd.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 05:48 AM   #422
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I think the Cammy statue looks terrible and should be completely scrapped. It's just such an awkward statue with really weird anatomy, facial structure, way too busy of a base, awkward pose, etc... This is one of those sculpts that I don't think is salvageable.
Agreed... Chun-Li was far better. They need to go back to the drawing board and make a completely new Cammy. I can't see her selling well in her current state.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:39 PM   #423
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

the painting on the face looks weird. still have not gotten my chun li yet from preorder to know their quality by looking from in hand perspective.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:20 AM   #424
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

This company has an unfortunate history with street fighter and they keep dropping the ball... From the Daigo statue to the Ryu skinny torso and Akuma monkey face, messy overcomplicated bases, wasted projects/wasted time with magnetic floating statues.....Chun's forehead/skin tone and now Cammy's weird eyes and pale/sickly skin tone. To their credit they try to fix those things in some way, shape or form....but they really need to regroup and figure this out.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:33 PM   #425
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Anyone receive the Chun-Li replacement parts yet?
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:38 PM   #426
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
This company has an unfortunate history with street fighter and they keep dropping the ball... From the Daigo statue to the Ryu skinny torso and Akuma monkey face, messy overcomplicated bases, wasted projects/wasted time with magnetic floating statues.....Chun's forehead/skin tone and now Cammy's weird eyes and pale/sickly skin tone. To their credit they try to fix those things in some way, shape or form....but they really need to regroup and figure this out.
Add Cammy's thick eyebrows.

They almost had the perfect statue in Mai Shiranui. until they ruined everything with her eyes on the production pieces. It could have been one of the best Mai Shiranui statue out there.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:39 PM   #427
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Nope. Nothing. Asked Kinetiquette here but seem like they're not answering anymore. Probably not going to happen. Suppose to be August, then September and MIA.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:02 AM   #428
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Nope. Nothing. Asked Kinetiquette here but seem like they're not answering anymore. Probably not going to happen. Suppose to be August, then September and MIA.
I did receive mine last Friday. The portrait looks much better now, she even seems to have a slight blush on her cheeks. Her arms are more pleasing to the eye, too. it does improve the statue.

If only my reservations against the use of translucent resin had been heard, all of this could have been avoided.

So that's the positive news - they are sending these.

BUT... her new left arm won't go in. The peg there is wider than the original one - no matter how I try, it just won't fit.

So now I have to buy some sanding material to try and get the bloody arm in, something I've never done (I'm all thumbs) and shouldn't have to. It's either that, back to the translucent resin or a one-armed Chun-Li.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 08:11 PM   #429
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I did receive mine last Friday. The portrait looks much better now, she even seems to have a slight blush on her cheeks. Her arms are more pleasing to the eye, too. it does improve the statue.

If only my reservations against the use of translucent resin had been heard, all of this could have been avoided.

So that's the positive news - they are sending these.

BUT... her new left arm won't go in. The peg there is wider than the original one - no matter how I try, it just won't fit.

So now I have to buy some sanding material to try and get the bloody arm in, something I've never done (I'm all thumbs) and shouldn't have to. It's either that, back to the translucent resin or a one-armed Chun-Li.

This sounds like a disaster in the making for collectors that don?t have the tools or skills. Luckily I have both to fix that arm but I nor anyone should have to go to these extremes to display their statues.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:03 PM   #430
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

That's what you sign up for when you buy something from this company
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote