Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
no i'm fully aware of that, and i'm by no means in the "muslim internment camp" camp, but we do need to stop tip toeing around this issue too, like I said had this been a crime in reverse it would be EVERYWHERE you'd be unable to go to AOL or Yahoo or whatever without it being plastered as the top headline, as it stands now it is nowhere I've seen and we'll still be getting dancing with the stars updates all day long before anybody in the media gives it any real attention just because they are afraid they'll be branded racists for pointing out that there are some nutty muslims out there.

also can we stop referencing the friggin crusades as being relevant to modern day people beheading others in the name of religion, there's almost a millennium in between so it's hardly a good comparison
Yep, good point. There are some major differences in beliefs here. We (western culture) want religion out of government where as many of the Islam faith want it in their government. Totally different Ideals and neither side seems to understand/accept the others view.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I wrote and deleted my comments at least five times, each would have got me banned so i'll just say I hope the bastards suffer in agony before they die choking on their vomit.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

What I find strange is they waited for police to arrive and provoked lethal force. Seems like getting away would create greater terror as well as opportunity for other attacks.

My condolences to the victim's friends and family. Now I understand that my writing this is going to anger some people, but as brutal and savage the attack, at least they selected a military target rather than randomly bombing civilians.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
What I find strange is they waited for police to arrive and provoked lethal force. Seems like getting away would create greater terror as well as opportunity for other attacks.

My condolences to the victim's friends and family. Now I understand that my writing this is going to anger some people, but as brutal and savage the attack, at least they selected a military target rather than randomly bombing civilians.
I dont see any difference, this isnt a warzone, and the guy was off duty by the sound of it, wearing a help for heroes t shirt (a charity to help wounded soldiers).
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
JM28Cardiff

The two guys responsible are not dead either, they were shot and wounded. Surely if someone moves to attack an armed officer, they should shoot to kill?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

It finally showed up on the main nbcnews.com page
Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Religious groups condem killing.
http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/21168799/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

My parents live ten minutes from this...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Shocking. Unconfirmed reports are that he was a serving soldier, in a Help for Heroes T shirt, attacked by people of "Muslim appearance".

Ive never heard of a Buddhist Terrorist. Ive never heard of a Greek Orthodox terrorist. People in the Arab world may think the UK and US being in Iraq or Afghanistan is a kind of terrorism, or what the Israelis do is terrorism, we can debate that perhaps. But when are we going to stop being so liberal, PC and hands off in approach, and admit there is a real problem with Islam?

Its time to set up internment camps and round up all Muslims. Maybe thats a thread killing comment right there, and it is a bit over the top I admit, but this is a shocking story. Its one thing to be blown up by an IED in a country you are occupying, quite another to be hacked to death on the streets of London while collecting for charity.
Completely agree! More than 2 billion muslims in the world and look how many of them commit these crimes! Obviously Islam is a problem, the vast majority of them are committing such heinous acts!
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
JM28Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak_Zombie View Post
Completely agree! More than 2 billion muslims in the world and look how many of them commit these crimes! Obviously Islam is a problem, the vast majority of them are committing such heinous acts!
Well, I said in the post it was an over the top comment! Its obviously not the vast majority, but is it a sizeable minority either doing, or sympathetic, or potentially turnable? Is there something peculiar to Islam that breeds this stuff? Where are all the Greek Orthodox terrorists? Personally, I see it as a backwards religion that hasn't evolved since the middle ages. But just to offend everyone equally, I think all religion is a bit backwards!