Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #3611
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Please do so, Vader doesn't need a lightsaber at all !
I agree. I love PFs, but don't care for the attached blades. I'd order this in a heartbeat if we had the display option of just a hilt, or even an empty hand.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #3612
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
I agree. I love PFs, but don't care for the attached blades. I'd order this in a heartbeat if we had the display option of just a hilt, or even an empty hand.
..and one more voice for that !
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #3613
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex, do you know if the long ear Batman PF black&grey head fits into the Modern Age Batman PF ? (Thinking of repainting that head)

Thank you
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #3614
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren3-4 View Post
Hi Alex,

Is the Galactus Maquette going to be produced again in the future or is it no longer going to be made ?

It says "sold out" on the product page but it also says "Expected to ship: April 2015"

Thanks
Ok…I have an answer regarding this one. There are just a few more being produced that are expected to arrive this month. Those are fulfilling already placed orders. Should there be any cancellations then that stock would go back In-Stock on the site. My understanding that this batch coming in this month is the last one…for now at least. It's possible it could be revisited to have more produced in the future but at this point in time this is the last batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny272 View Post
That store would need to contact us directly about seeing if they can become and official Sideshow retailer. It sounds like perhaps they already had and may not have met the qualifications to become an official retailer? Is that correct

Just saying, they are not looking in eu right now, we are alot buying from him, anywhere to complain t?
If they've already reached out to become an official retailer and were unable to, either there are already to many retailers in that region, certain qualifications couldn't be met, etc. If this particular store/business feels they should be considered again then they should contact our wholesale department again to see if space for them is available to become an official retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Hi Alex, curious where we are with the teased Spiderman and if theres any news of classic comic Ironman (Mark III for example).

Also, Im into Neal/Aparo art but have to agree with others, the belt on the Batman variant has no depth or articulation especially when compared to the rest of the paint app/shading. Is there still a chance to improve upon its appearance?

Thanks
Spider-Man just finished up being painted, so he should be up for order within the next several months. I haven't heard any news on a comic Iron Man. Everything coming out Iron Man related for now is movie based.

The Batman piece is currently in production and has been 100% approved through the licensor, so making changes at this point isn't going to be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post
Alex, any idea when the Aquaman PF or Darkseid PF will be available for pre-order? Before summer?
Darkseid will be up for Pre-Order very soon! Aquaman is going to be a little bit out there Pre-Order wise since he's not completed yet. Hopefully up sometime before the end of the year though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Thank you for your earlier response to my Vader Lifesize question. So for those of us who have been flexing him (new at that)....our credit cards will be refunded soon with a lump sum of the payments? Thank you SSA!
Correct, those that have been making payments would be refunded those payments along with the NRD they paid. Most people should have been refunded by now for Vader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonzal70 View Post
Hi Alex,

I was wondering if SS is planning a variant to the Superman PF as they have done with Batman? If so, any specifics you could share?
The Batman PF variant looks fantastic BTW.
There has been a rumored trilogy coming that involved Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman that could involve a few of the previously released pieces. The newest Batman reveal stands a part from this trilogy rumor, so what the rumor trinity will be is still to be revealed. What it will be??? That I'm not at privy to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanou View Post
Hi Alex
just see the pic of Jason Voorhees on Monsterapalooza
Mask seems not accurate with too large hole and incorrect shape
Can you send feedback to the creative team for change the mask
The older Part 3 PF had a better mask years ago !!
I believe more has been revealed since this post about this piece. The most recent Jason piece will not be a 100% screen accurate item. It will be more stylized in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
Hi Alex

when will there be more news on the new red Sonja pf.i have the first and am excited for a second for my collection

also will the cleopsis print have spot varnishing like the qotd had. looked good in my opinion.

cheers
The newest Red Sonja piece MIGHT be shown off first at SDCC. *fingers crossed*

The Cleopsis print does not have the spot varnish on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Hi Alex,

The Mask of Death - Lord of the Underworld 1:1 Prop was shown at Monsterpalooza, will this be available for purchase at some point?

Looks like an amazing piece!

The art print just went up for pre-sale and the 1:1 Prop would go great with it.
For now, that piece was for display only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Hi Alex,

Even though the new Jason PF isn't quite what I had hoped for I still may flex him if there is a cool Ex and maybe alternate mask included. When can we expect Jason PF to go up for PO? Thanks
Jason is expected to go up for Pre-Order this summer sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

With the way the Wonder Woman art print was first offered to (supposedly) only some customers before it's actual "open to the general public" pre-order date, is there any way we can get Sideshow to allow customers who purchased the first Poison Ivy PF statue release to have the same early pre-order option with the eventual flesh toned Ivy print release?

I purposefully skipped the green toned print because I want the flesh toned one. And with the way these are flying off the shelves I'd be real upset if I missed out buying it, especially considering how I was a first day pre-orderer for the statue.

(and I get that the flesh toned print has not been announced, so consider this question applicable to all PF statue buyers getting a first shot at a print before anyone else who didn't buy one)

Thanks!
It's more than likely that early invitation offers to past purchasers pieces that relate to the newest print offering will occur. The flesh toned Ivy piece might be a future print offering of course but it's not 100% confirmed that it will be as of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL View Post
Hi Alex, do you know if the long ear Batman PF black&grey head fits into the Modern Age Batman PF ? (Thinking of repainting that head)

Thank you
The heads for both would be interchangeable for both but folks should confirm a good fit with both in hand first (between the two pieces) before attempting any kind of repainting.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #3615
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks A!
"I haven't heard any news on a comic Iron Man. Everything coming out Iron Man related for now is movie based."

So might we see the long overdue SSC MKIII at SDCC?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #3616
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Thanks A!
"I haven't heard any news on a comic Iron Man. Everything coming out Iron Man related for now is movie based."

So might we see the long overdue SSC MKIII at SDCC?
I don't believe so, sorry. :-(
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #3617
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I don't believe so, sorry. :-(
Not buying an Iron Man PF until a comic book version comes out
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #3618
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Darkseid will be up for Pre-Order very soon! Aquaman is going to be a little bit out there Pre-Order wise since he's not completed yet. Hopefully up sometime before the end of the year though!

that is great news indeed! Any hints on what the exclusive will be for Darkseid, dear Alex?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #3619
lbsjshon
Doh!

what are the odd's on a lotr reveal at sdcc. is there any hope
lbsjshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #3620
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Any word on the Juggernaut piece?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote