Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #4121
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Hi Alex,

I am not being a wise guy here. I love SSC and I have many of their statues and have many more on pre order. But I have to ask.

What is the official word of the price going up so much and so fast.

Five years ago Jason part 3 was 275.00

Now the new one is 479.99

What happened? Has any other products had this large of a percentage increase?

I mean many things are made in China but the price of everything else does not seem to have gone up 40%

Sorry if this has been asked many time before. I have never felt the need to complain about it as I understand that price increases will happen eventually but looking back at at my SSC account and seeing what I paid for my old Jason sort of shocked me.
Actually the prices come down,I bought a HDTV in 2008 for $2500 now the newer models, same size with more features are cheaper.

I bet Sideshow employees didn't have a 40% raise.

We just have to stop buying then they wake up.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #4122
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Actually the prices come down,I bought a HDTV in 2008 for $2500 now the newer models, same size with more features are cheaper.

I bet Sideshow employees didn't have a 40% raise.

We just have to stop buying then they wake up.
There's a difference between technological components becoming cheaper as the production of such items becomes more streamlined and the production of individual items that go through creative process.

If you give a raise to the staff sculptors, the painters, the tailors, the warehouse workers, the production staff in china and then factor in increases in port costs, shipping from china, shipping to the warehouse plus increases in costs for producing art boxes(printing/graphic design), styrene cutting/molding and also labeled shipping boxes(printing again) that's a lot of price increases to production costs and the company still needs to keep the profit margin.

I'm not saying I like the increases, but I'm also not saying I can't see where they might come from.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #4123
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
There's a difference between technological components becoming cheaper as the production of such items becomes more streamlined and the production of individual items that go through creative process.

If you give a raise to the staff sculptors, the painters, the tailors, the warehouse workers, the production staff in china and then factor in increases in port costs, shipping from china, shipping to the warehouse plus increases in costs for producing art boxes(printing/graphic design), styrene cutting/molding and also labeled shipping boxes(printing again) that's a lot of price increases to production costs and the company still needs to keep the profit margin.

I'm not saying I like the increases, but I'm also not saying I can't see where they might come from.
I think the issue many people are having a problem with is that the prices are increasing very quickly (more then any other product/company I can think of) but yet the QC is getting worse and the ES are getting bigger and the wait times are getting longer... Its hard for me to justify all these price increases but seeing everything getting watered down so to speak...dosent add up to me. Higher prices we should expect more, not less.

Just had to return by Framed Deaths mask art print, my first product from sideshow that I had to return, and I wasnt happy about it but because of such crappy QC nobody noticed that the print was wavy and bumpy (very noticeable btw) before they decided to send this out to me, and now I have to eat the import charges on it... This should have never been sent out in the first place. Also, the art prints started well at 150 ES... and now we will never see less then 400.. dont get me started with the statues.. and for the wait times.. holy crap.. Every court of the dead statue has been delayed multiple times. Just a few examples of what im talking about here...
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #4124
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

if you guys really dont believe that raising their mark up is the biggest reason of the price hike then you are kidding yourself ...'

and its a shame because I would buy also more but because of those prices it kicks me and many other collectors out of the game..
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #4125
turner
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
That news was broken to me as well right before SDCC too. But if the piece were to garner enough interest (like more than 100 of interested parties) then it just might become an actual product one day. As of now the interest in life-size busts from Court of the Dead is too few.

Unfortunately his schedule was far too impacted for the forseeable future to coordinate a signature as seen in other prints we've released. The print does include his signature as seen on the original piece of art he created (on the right hand side).

Should we create a thread to see how many people actually wanna buy this? Maybe there's more than you know

Did it ever come up what they think the price would be for the bust?
Personally, I want all 3 busts!
turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 AM   #4126
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSALEX, is there still plans in making the Amazing Spiderman 2 PF? remember seeing a sneak of its chest a while back. will that still be produced?

man i really hope so.
Me too. Sucks that it's not getting made. I love that Spidey suit.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #4127
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
if you guys really dont believe that raising their mark up is the biggest reason of the price hike then you are kidding yourself ...'

and its a shame because I would buy also more but because of those prices it kicks me and many other collectors out of the game..
Same. I have Modern Batman and Jason on pre order. I'd love to also have Brown Wolverine, Sabertooth and Spider-Man on order too, but with other PCS and XM orders, I cant justify the 3 extra Sideshow statues. I want too though.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #4128
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

As an aside...would it be possible to keep this thread on track with what its intention is...a Q&A? There are already tons of threads dedicated t discussion regarding pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyvenom View Post
Are there any plans to release any new Venom merchandise...bust, statue, art print, etc......
Sorry but I really do not know. I know more Spider-Man stuff is in the works but as to what particular characters they are I just don't have that info right now, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Should we create a thread to see how many people actually wanna buy this? Maybe there's more than you know

Did it ever come up what they think the price would be for the bust?
Personally, I want all 3 busts!
If ya wanted to create a thread about it to see how much interest there would be for it, it couldn't hurt.

As for pricing...if I had to guess...between $800 and $1000.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #4129
victorc
Justice League

Well, in fact if 5 years ago the price was 275.00 and now is 479.99, the increase wasn't 40%, the increase was 74% over the original 275.00 price...
victorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:17 PM   #4130
victorc
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Hi Alex,

I am not being a wise guy here. I love SSC and I have many of their statues and have many more on pre order. But I have to ask.

What is the official word of the price going up so much and so fast.

Five years ago Jason part 3 was 275.00

Now the new one is 479.99

What happened? Has any other products had this large of a percentage increase?

I mean many things are made in China but the price of everything else does not seem to have gone up 40%

Sorry if this has been asked many time before. I have never felt the need to complain about it as I understand that price increases will happen eventually but looking back at at my SSC account and seeing what I paid for my old Jason sort of shocked me.
Well, in fact if 5 years ago the price was 275.00 and now is 479.99, the increase wasn't 40%, the increase was 74% over the original 275.00 price...
victorc is offline   Reply With Quote