Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #111
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
So which one is thought to be the best? Is their a fan favourite?
well IMO ANH Vader is the best hands down. he is by far the most fierce and menacing looking out of the three. with the larger dome which really represents that hooded look (not to mention a samurai's helemt). and widows peak really compliments and adds to the fierce menacing looks as well. and the way the paints were applied and how he had that battle worn/weathered look, which you can imagine he obtained hunting down the remaining Jedi. really stands out to me as the best one. and i really like the rest of the aspects to the rest of his costume.
oh and one thing i didn't mention was the inner robe on the ANH version went over the chest armor where in ESB and RTJ the inner robe went under the armor.

i think most will agree that the ANH version is the more meaner looking Vader. but i think possibly the majority will say the ESB if their most favorite due to Vader being showcased so much in that film.
but like i said. ANH Vader to me is the best by far.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #112
ambasah
Red Skull

ANH for me as well. The efx bucket is one of the prizes in my collection.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #113
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
ANH for me as well. The efx bucket is one of the prizes in my collection.
one of the prizes? you have a ton of jewels in there.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #114
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well IMO ANH Vader is the best hands down. he is by far the most fierce and menacing looking out of the three. with the larger dome which really represents that hooded look (not to mention a samurai's helemt). and widows peak really compliments and adds to the fierce menacing looks as well. and the way the paints were applied and how he had that battle worn/weathered look, which you can imagine he obtained hunting down the remaining Jedi. really stands out to me as the best one. and i really like the rest of the aspects to the rest of his costume.
oh and one thing i didn't mention was the inner robe on the ANH version went over the chest armor where in ESB and RTJ the inner robe went under the armor.

i think most will agree that the ANH version is the more meaner looking Vader. but i think possibly the majority will say the ESB if their most favorite due to Vader being showcased so much in that film.
but like i said. ANH Vader to me is the best by far.
I guess that's why seeing Vader for the first time as a kid, the image kind of stuck and to a 5-6 year he will always be one of the same. An awestruck kid will never think to look for subtle changes to the costume. I only managed to pick up my jaw from the floor after the end credits. Many of you would agree that he is just that badass.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #115
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
I guess that's why seeing Vader for the first time as a kid, the image kind of stuck and to a 5-6 year he will always be one of the same. An awestruck kid will never think to look for subtle changes to the costume. I only managed to pick up my jaw from the floor after the end credits. Many of you would agree that he is just that badass.
well yes thats part of it Derek. but honestly. i could tell there was something different about Vader when ESB came out and even in ROTJ. i knew there was something different but just didn't know what it was..
didn't know until many years later.
but if you could have all three lined up standing beside each other im sure the differences would pop right out at you. and then you'll see that the ANH version is def the most menacing fiercer looking version.
i kind of wish the design didn't change. but it kind of makes sense that it did because im sure Vader had multiple suits. and im sure it would change thru the years as well.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #116
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Yeah, seeing how space-age technology in the distant future just keeps evolving at light speeds. He's just had to keep up. Plus being the baddest mofo in the empire, he's got to have his pimp suits yo
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #117
DynamicMenace

thats right muthah chuckah!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #118
Stath
Doh!

I have the Cinemaquette, but I knew this day would come. And I know I'll be mocked by the girlfriend for buying "another" Vader after I swore one would be enough. Strange that it's 'Jedi' Vader... the background art is Cloud City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
That's because there's really no differences. I still don't see any differences at all.
ESB/RotJ only have small differences, but ANH has the robes going over the shoulder plates and a bigger, matte black helmet.
Stath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #119
DynamicMenace

it is strange that its ROTJ. but that what SS said ti as. would have thought they would have done the ESB.
maybe they are pulling some trickery.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #120
furycat
Death is hereditary.

cant see really the difference between rotj anh or esb. even though i can see it but they are so tiny difference.

well anyway hopefully the statue come out great . i want to collect sw statue for a long time .
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote